Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11 Insider

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #80

    Have not had any problems updating Windows Defender on the Insider version....Build 15063.11
    It is the Creator Preview which is having problems.....Build 15063.11
    Same build different drivers and setup.?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 46,648
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #81

    dencal said:
    Have not had any problems updating Windows Defender on the Insider version....Build 15063.11
    It is the Creator Preview which is having problems.....Build 15063.11
    Same build different drivers and setup.?
    I had this issue too. I'm working in a VirtualBox VM so I restored back to the pre-update snapshot and applied the CU again. This time it seems to be clean. Ho Hum!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3,954
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 19569
       #82

    - I am still getting this failed update message for Defender:

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-defender_download.png

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-defender_glitch.png
    - these are the current definition details from Defender
    - am I up to date or what?

    - the original update Error keeps coming back..!!
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,215
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #83

    BugMeister said:
    - I am still getting this failed update message for Defender:

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-defender_download.png

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-defender_glitch.png
    - these are the current definition details from Defender
    - am I up to date or what?

    - the original update Error keeps coming back..!!
    After an update this morning:
    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-image.png

    Try the fix from Vincent's post, worked for me:
    Delete following registry key:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MpSigStub
    Restart computer.
    Run update again.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 3,954
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 19569
       #84

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-defender_updated.png

    - that did it..
    - thanks, Mike..
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 790
    W11 pro 64 beta channel
       #85

    I found the update waiting when I shut down last night, it completed successfully when I turned on just now.
    Everything seems hunky dory.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,183
    Windows 11 Home
       #86

    It seems to have fixed by itself or by Windows Updates.
    I have tried it this morning and nothing, now it is installed.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #87

    Depends on which version installed....Creator Preview will not allow updating Windows Defender unless you delete mpsigstub in the directory.
    A clean install Build 1703 from an ISO will allow even though they have the same winver, as it is based on Insider, which is a more advanced O/S.
    Last edited by dencal; 02 Apr 2017 at 15:27.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 807
    Win10x64 v2004 latest build fast ring
       #88

    CountMike said:
    Don't understand, worked once but still a problem. I'd like to compare some notes. I think it went like this: At the time I got a notice that 15063.11 was available, notice that there was an WD definition update was already there in the list above 15063.11 notice but this update installed first and only than WD update refused to work. It may be that WD update was meant for 16063.0 and people that installed it earlier don't have such a problem.
    I would also like to know if ones having problem with WD update also have a problem with sfc /scannow ? It may be some connection there.
    No problems with .11 or with WU. Scannow just completed with no errors. If you have the iso 15063 might suggest a repair reinstall (run it like you were upgrading) from the iso, and see if that will straighten it out...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,638
    Windows 10 Pro
       #89

    dencal said:
    Depends on which version installed....Creator Preview will not allow updating Windows Defender unless you delete mpsigstub in the directory.
    A clean install Build 1705 from an ISO will allow even though they have the same winver, as it is based on Insider, which is a more advanced O/S.
    I am running 15063.11, last clean install 15060, upgraded through 10561 to 15063.0 and now as said .11 yet I have no issues updating Defender definitions with MpSigStub present. I have never removed nor edited it:

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-image.png

    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11-image.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums