Windows 10: Microsoft finally shows the HoloLens' real field of view Holo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       10 Jul 2015 #1

    Microsoft finally shows the HoloLens' real field of view


    Microsoft’s HoloLens is often touted as a revolutionary product and in this latest video, Microsoft shows how teaching institutions can use the HoloLens and change entire professions.

    The HoloLens, ever since it was originally unveiled, holds a lot of potential. Not only could it be a transformative peripheral for the entertainment and gaming industry, as highlighted by Microsoft at E3, but it could also be used in countless other applications.


    Read more: Microsoft finally shows the HoloLens real field of view
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro X64 (WIB 10547)
       10 Jul 2015 #2

    I just had a thought. The potential for Law Enforcement using the HoloLens would be very high indeed. Imagine CSI running a digital scan of a crime scene and then using the HoloLens as a virtual walkthrough the of crime scene. Not only would this give an insight and possibly through the eyes of the perpitrator of the crime. But detectives could look over the crime scene as though they where they were actually there instead of revisiting the crime scene via photo evidence from the crime.

    The potential is overwhelming...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Jul 2015 #3

    Mel Jones said: View Post
    I just had a thought. The potential for Law Enforcement using the HoloLens would be very high indeed. Imagine CSI running a digital scan of a crime scene and then using the HoloLens as a virtual walkthrough the of crime scene. Not only would this give an insight and possibly through the eyes of the perpitrator of the crime. But detectives could look over the crime scene as though they where they were actually there instead of revisiting the crime scene via photo evidence from the crime.

    The potential is overwhelming...
    Why would I need to imagine it? That's like, what they do in every episode of CSI
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Jul 2015 #4

    Or in Continuum .
    I really want to try these out!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       10 Jul 2015 #5

    That is neat, My Daughter Graduated From Case, she may know some of those in the video. Thanks Shawn!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Jul 2015 #6

    I have a horrible feeling that this tech is going to be priced out of reach of the average person. Few buyers = few quality apps. This needs to be at a good price point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Jul 2015 #7

    Compusmurf said: View Post
    I have a horrible feeling that this tech is going to be priced out of reach of the average person. Few buyers = few quality apps. This needs to be at a good price point.
    I would have to agree, although $500~ USD would be acceptable to me. I see this being used more for businesses though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Jul 2015 #8

    500 would be at the high range for what I would be willing to spend. For that, better have compelling apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Jul 2015 #9

    Compusmurf said: View Post
    500 would be at the high range for what I would be willing to spend. For that, better have compelling apps.
    Not sure if you seen the Minecraft thing...but I'm thinking like letting me play some type of real time strategy game on my table would be the kicker for me, and I'd pay some money for that. Heck, Logitech came out with the new steering wheel racing set for Xbox one, finally with a freaking clutch and manual shifter, and that's $460USD which I already pre-ordered lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Jul 2015 #10

    Lol. Your wheel more $ than the xbone. I saw all the demos and more, and love my Oculus, tho games may help adoption of the masses, it needs real world use. I would love vr training, vr tours, multiple people interaction, full vr desktop. I could think of many things that would be productive. I want, but if I can't find a compelling use, forget it. When I was younger, I had to have every cool and new gadget, I can afford it now, but am more discriminating on what I buy based upon real use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Microsoft shows off new Office features at MWC 2015
Holo This is Microsoft HoloLens in Windows 10 News
More: This is Microsoft HoloLens - SlashGear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThCr0PsyuA&feature=youtu.be
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.
Find Us