Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 17,270
    Windows 11 Pro
       #70

    rofl48 said:
    I'm a little worried about installing this update today. Is there a way to delay it a little longer ? I'm on Windows 10 pro
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #71

    Thanks, I've checked "Defer Updates". I think I'll wait a week or two to update my computer. Unchecking the box later this month means I'll get it ?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,270
    Windows 11 Pro
       #72

    rofl48 said:
    Thanks, I've checked "Defer Updates". I think I'll wait a week or two to update my computer. Unchecking the box later this month means I'll get it ?
    You will get it eventually. It might be 6 months before you do if you wait for Windows Update. In the past, upgrading manually by downloading the ISO file yourself has proven to the be the most reliable method of upgrading to ensure the upgrade happens without an error. And the ISO file is likely to be the same today and six months from now, there will just be a different cumulative update that you get to bring it up to date after the initial upgrade.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
       #73

    eddward said:
    I've got this update as well after clean install, but I'm in Release preview ring now, so don't know, but I don't think there is something wrong.
    Is there a chance it will be removed automatically from Windows Update eventually?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 24,615
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #74

    NavyLCDR said:
    ...manually by downloading the ISO file yourself has proven to the be the most reliable method of upgrading to ensure the upgrade happens without an error..
    ...plus you can upgrade at a time of your choosing - and get to keep the media for a reinstall/clean install/another machine. What's not to like?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       #75

    NavyLCDR said:
    You will get it eventually. It might be 6 months before you do if you wait for Windows Update. In the past, upgrading manually by downloading the ISO file yourself has proven to the be the most reliable method of upgrading to ensure the upgrade happens without an error. And the ISO file is likely to be the same today and six months from now, there will just be a different cumulative update that you get to bring it up to date after the initial upgrade.
    I like doing it using Windows Update. Never had a problem with it. I think I'll just wait for it to appear to me (if it doesn't appear today).
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 118
    Windows 10 v1809
       #76

    JohnnyGui said:
    Is there a chance it will be removed automatically from Windows Update eventually?
    Check description. This is only 1 time run tool.
    >>
    After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.

    Will be removed from the list of updates in WU after some time automatically.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
       #77

    eddward said:
    Check description. This is only 1 time run tool.
    >>
    After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.

    Will be removed from the list of updates in WU after some time automatically.
    Ah great, probably gonna wait until the next tool will be released the next month. Hope it won't be an Insider Preview version like this one.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 24,615
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #78

    JohnnyGui said:
    For some reason, I've been offered the following update by Windows Update:

    "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows Insider Preview and Server Technical Preview x64 - March 2017 (KB890830)"

    How is this possible? Shouldn't this version not be an Inisder or Technical Preview?
    Seems they just forgot to rename it. We're all getting it now that it's 'Patch Tuesday', along with KB4015583 (15063.14?)

    Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience-april-updates.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
       #79

    Bree said:
    Seems they just forgot to rename it. We're all getting it now its 'Patch Tuesday', along with KB4015583 (15063.14?)

    Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience-april-updates.png
    Wow, really? I thought it was an insider update. Someone from the Defender Team posted something about this on Reddit:

    Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience-reddit-post.jpg
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums