Windows 10: Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,783
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       06 Apr 2017 #40

    gtspeck said: View Post
    Updated last night. The only issue I have so far is warning "Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched". No idea what this is.
    Windows Hello for Business (Windows 10)

    Hope this helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Apr 2017 #41

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm trying to find out what triggered it since I have Windows 10 Home. I tried to find a way to disable it but so far no luck. May be it will be fixed with a future update. It's showing as a warning so it's just slowing up the startup time at this point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Apr 2017 #42

    gtspeck said: View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm trying to find out what triggered it since I have Windows 10 Home. I tried to find a way to disable it but so far no luck. May be it will be fixed with a future update. It's showing as a warning so it's just slowing up the startup time at this point.
    Is it a laptop with a finger print scanner?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Apr 2017 #43

    OS Build 15063.13 here. 7th April 17.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Apr 2017 #44

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Is it a laptop with a finger print scanner?
    Yes but I don't have it set up or use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Apr 2017 #45

    gtspeck said: View Post
    Yes but I don't have it set up or use it.
    That may be why you got that option during setup though. I saw that message once on my laptop during a clean install, I declined it and haven't seen it since. No fingerprint reader on my laptop though. I'm thinking it was going to prompt me to setup with a picture ID or voice recognition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Apr 2017 #46

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That may be why you got that option during setup though. I saw that message once on my laptop during a clean install, I declined it and haven't seen it since. No fingerprint reader on my laptop though. I'm thinking it was going to prompt me to setup with a picture ID or voice recognition.
    I'm on Windows 10 Home, I can't find an option to turn it off. Hopefully an update will clear it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Apr 2017 #47

    gtspeck said: View Post
    I'm on Windows 10 Home, I can't find an option to turn it off. Hopefully an update will clear it.
    Look in Settings > Accounts > Sign in options. I see "Windows Hello" there. Mine says "Windows hello isn't available on this device". I'm on my desktop PC. There is also a "See how it works...." option listed. Click that for more info.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Apr 2017 #48

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Look in Settings > Accounts > Sign in options. I see "Windows Hello" there. Mine says "Windows hello isn't available on this device". I'm on my desktop PC. There is also a "See how it works...." option listed. Click that for more info.
    I have done that, but there are no options to turn it off. The only setup option is for the fingerprint. I didn't choose to set it up when I updated. It has something to do with "User Device Registration" as this is the source of the warning with event ID 360.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Apr 2017 #49

    gtspeck said: View Post
    I have done that, but there are no options to turn it off. The only setup option is for the fingerprint. I didn't choose to set it up when I updated. It has something to do with "User Device Registration" as this is the source of the warning with event ID 360.
    Yeah, that's weird? Just had a look on my laptop and its listed but there are no clickable options other than the See how it works? Its also saying "Windows hello isn't available on this device" on my laptop? I've done multiple installs on it trying to sort out another issue. I'm pretty sure it prompted once during one of the clean installs to set it up and use it? I have no idea what triggered it though?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
    Can someone explain what this is all about. Windows 10 Creators Update expected to arrive in April - The Verge How about just a plain ole everyday system that works.
    Solved Anniversary update rollout in Windows Updates and Activation
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history Is there some limiting factor applied in respect of the availability in the above quote? I have not yet received the update by automatic download. According to...
    Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary Update rollout may not be done until early November | ZDNet
    Source: Global Rollout Of The New Xbox One Experience On 12 Nov | See also: Your New Xbox One Experience Begins Today - Windows 10 Forums A Closer Look at the New Xbox One Experience’s Store - Windows 10 Forums A Closer Look at the New...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:42.
    Find Us