Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,630
    Windows 10
       09 Jul 2015 #1

    Windows 10 will not RTM this week


    Earlier this week, we reported that Microsoft was expected to hit the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) milestone this week but that deadline has now slipped. The company was initially targeting July 9th for the date, but sources inside the company have indicated that this will likely not happen and that the new target is the middle of next week.

    Missing the RTM date does have implications as it means that OEMs will not be receiving the bits to start their own internal process to load the OS on to new hardware. But for consumers who already have a machine and are looking to upgrade to the new OS, this delay does not impact that process.
    Microsoft has already said that on July 29th they will begin rolling out the OS to Insiders and then expanding the waves to those who have pre-registered their devices via the update prompt on Windows 7 and 8.
    Source
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,540
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       09 Jul 2015 #2

    Dell is not going to be happy as well as other Oems. I think dell already have some pre-orders processed for windows 10 to be shipped out on July 29th, 2015 according to what I read online.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2014
    DFW Area
    Posts : 374
    Windows 8&10
       09 Jul 2015 #3

    Dell does have some systems which are scheduled to start shipping on July 29th with Windows 10 Home.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 135
    Windows 10 64-bits
       10 Jul 2015 #4

    Saltgrass said: View Post
    Dell does have some systems which are scheduled to start shipping on July 29th with Windows 10 Home.
    In which case Dell has couple of choices:
    1. Delay shipping of the ordered systems
    2. Extend the "Technical Preview" for the pre-ordered systems
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       10 Jul 2015 #5

    Cr00zng said: View Post
    In which case Dell has couple of choices:
    1. Delay shipping of the ordered systems
    2. Extend the "Technical Preview" for the pre-ordered systems
    I would think they have a fudge factor built into when they install the OS. From my understanding it only takes about 2 days from getting the OS from MS to installing it on new PC's.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 135
    Windows 10 64-bits
       10 Jul 2015 #6

    I don't doubt that there's some fudge factor built-in, but two days seem to be short to test the hardware with the new OS...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       10 Jul 2015 #7

    Cr00zng said: View Post
    I don't doubt that there's some fudge factor built-in, but two days seem to be short to test the hardware with the new OS...
    That's what I read here.. it's a two day turn around from MS sending the OS to Dell or any other OEM having it ready. I would suspect that Dell is in the insider program and has been doing the same or a similar type of testing we have been. It's not like they've been totally left in the dark by MS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       10 Jul 2015 #8

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That's what I read here.. it's a two day turn around from MS sending the OS to Dell or any other OEM having it ready. I would suspect that Dell is in the insider program and has been doing the same or a similar type of testing we have been. It's not like they've been totally left in the dark by MS.
    To the , they have already been testing it. Probably as long as some of us here on the Insiders program. They would be stupid not to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,630
    Windows 10
       10 Jul 2015 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That's what I read here.. it's a two day turn around from MS sending the OS to Dell or any other OEM having it ready. I would suspect that Dell is in the insider program and has been doing the same or a similar type of testing we have been. It's not like they've been totally left in the dark by MS.
    I would suspect Dell and other OEMs get builds we never see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       10 Jul 2015 #10

    labeeman said: View Post
    I would suspect Dell and other OEMs get builds we never see.
    I agree.. they have to work closely with MS to understand and make sure their hardware works with the new OS
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile No new Windows 10 Insider Preview build for phone or PC this week
Windows Insider head Gabriel Aul has confirmed that there will be no new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds released for phone or PC this week. 596458623703724033
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Read more: Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Windows 10 News
What to expect at this week's Windows 10 launch
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft expected to unveil new Windows name next week
Source! -Chuck
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums