Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Jul 2015 #531
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,260
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I've had lots of problems with CCC, Alpha, but for the last three or four builds, no real issues. I hope it lasts.
    That's encouraging. I haven't tried the Preview on it for a while now. I can't remember what the last build I tried on it was. I also had an issue with DisplayLink and my USB 3 connected monitor, it just wouldn't work in Windows 10. I'll have one more go at the end of the month, or early next month.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    14 Jul 2015 #532
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,187
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    That's encouraging. I haven't tried the Preview on it for a while now. I can't remember what the last build I tried on it was. I also had an issue with DisplayLink and my USB 3 connected monitor, it just wouldn't work in Windows 10. I'll have one more go at the end of the month, or early next month.
    I don't know if there's any difference, but I have three external hard drives, all of which are USB 3 and all work very well. I don't think I've ever had a problem with any of them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Jul 2015 #533
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,260
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I don't know if there's any difference, but I have three external hard drives, all of which are USB 3 and all work very well. I don't think I've ever had a problem with any of them.
    It's an issue with the DisplayLink software and Windows 10, not the USB 3 connection. The monitor uses USB 3 to get the speed and power it needs. The issue I have is the external monitor will not display anything unless ist set to it native resolution. Any other resolution just gets a blank black screen. When I try to set the correct resolution, I get a settings could not be saved message. The default its set to isn't the correct one. I even tried the beta driver from the DisplayLink site. That just crashed Windows and I gave up at that point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    14 Jul 2015 #534
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,187
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    It's an issue with the DisplayLink software and Windows 10, not the USB 3 connection. The monitor uses USB 3 to get the speed and power it needs. The issue I have is the external monitor will not display anything unless ist set to it native resolution. Any other resolution just gets a blank black screen. When I try to set the correct resolution, I get a settings could not be saved message. The default its set to isn't the correct one. I even tried the beta driver from the DisplayLink site. That just crashed Windows and I gave up at that point.
    Do you have a DVI connector on that monitor, Alpha? I found that using that connector (I don't have USB 3 on my monitor) was better than the regular connector.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Jul 2015 #535
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I am using Driver 353.49 without issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 Jul 2015 #536
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,260
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Do you have a DVI connector on that monitor, Alpha? I found that using that connector (I don't have USB 3 on my monitor) was better than the regular connector.
    No, its a totally portable monitor made for use with a laptop, the only connector on it is the USB 3 port. Power and video go through that one port. It has a built in video card. https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/MB168B/ It runs via the DisplayLink software. http://www.displaylink.com/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Jul 2015 #537
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 824
    Windows 10 Pro

    there have suspended the ISO's now
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Jul 2015 #538
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    LOL! Let's see...We go to the track occasionally...My wife is 18 years my younger...Jameson is my choice...and still use USB, but it's not as fast as the other three.
    i'm with ya on everything except the jameson, can't stand it. i love whiskey, mainly scotch but others as well, but never have liked jameson.


    on a separate note, some of the posts on here lately are hilarious. people get jumpy quick. as for me, my anticipation of the rtm is not nearly as jumpy as most. in fact, i had a lot more excitement about many of the previews. the latest previews are so good now, that for me it's a bit anti-climatic now. i'm in no rush for the rtm, and when it comes, it comes. my systems are all running perfectly well, and i have been able to do all of the things i have wanted to do so far. as soon as they announced that there wouldn't be much new in the recent releases, my excitement withdrew a great deal. having just bug fixes, isn't as exciting as new features, functions and abilities. i still look forward to it, but it's a tempered anticipation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Jul 2015 #539
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVAE View Post
    i'm with ya on everything except the jameson, can't stand it. i love whiskey, mainly scotch but others as well, but never have liked jameson.


    on a separate note, some of the posts on here lately are hilarious. people get jumpy quick. as for me, my anticipation of the rtm is not nearly as jumpy as most. in fact, i had a lot more excitement about many of the previews. the latest previews are so good now, that for me it's a bit anti-climatic now. i'm in no rush for the rtm, and when it comes, it comes. my systems are all running perfectly well, and i have been able to do all of the things i have wanted to do so far. as soon as they announced that there wouldn't be much new in the recent releases, my excitement withdrew a great deal. having just bug fixes, isn't as exciting as new features, functions and abilities. i still look forward to it, but it's a tempered anticipation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    14 Jul 2015 #540
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVAE View Post
    on a separate note, some of the posts on here lately are hilarious. people get jumpy quick. as for me, my anticipation of the rtm is not nearly as jumpy as most. in fact, i had a lot more excitement about many of the previews. the latest previews are so good now, that for me it's a bit anti-climatic now. i'm in no rush for the rtm, and when it comes, it comes. my systems are all running perfectly well, and i have been able to do all of the things i have wanted to do so far. as soon as they announced that there wouldn't be much new in the recent releases, my excitement withdrew a great deal. having just bug fixes, isn't as exciting as new features, functions and abilities. i still look forward to it, but it's a tempered anticipation.
    Same here, although, I'd like to settle down and actually use my computer productively for once. I've been installing, wiping, testing and hacking since early 2012!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166
Source - Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows UPDATE: 631136148014764032
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums