Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC Insider

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. jyusa's Avatar
    Posts : 811
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       19 Mar 2017 #150

    Kari said: View Post
    Just to clarify, I am not staff. I have shared ISO images three times when multiple members have had issues in either creating ISO or getting upgrade. Every time I have done it I have first asked site owner and admin @z3r010 for a permission to post download links.

    I have never posted download links when our ESDtoISO and / or UUPtoISO tools have been working without issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       19 Mar 2017 #151

    Kari said: View Post
    Just to clarify, I am not staff.
    I have shared ISO images three times when multiple members have had issues in either creating ISO or getting upgrade. Every time I have done it I have first asked site owner and admin @z3r010 for a permission to post download links.
    I have never posted nor will I post download links when our ESDtoISO and / or UUPtoISO tools work without issues.

    Hi Kari, just for the record I would like to emphasize that I've read your post with a link to an ISO and at the same time referring to @z3r010 permission. So that's NOT what I meant here, I was referring to the last post from @N9NU.

    No hard feelings then?

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,813
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Mar 2017 #152

    M4v3r1ck said: View Post
    No hard feelings then?
    Of course not! I completely understood your post and its point, I just wanted to clarify that I am not staff, the rest was then general, not intended specifically to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Mar 2017 #153

    M4v3r1ck said: View Post
    A warning pop-up when I tried to DL, just for the sake of testing it.

    Attachment 125830

    Of course NO offense intended, but I would like a bit more info's on this warning message. Could you please elaborate?
    I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about the message. It seems pretty clearly worded. Google has chosen to not scan files over a certain size (for which this file exceeds), and thus they are simply warning that it has not been scanned by Google, and downloading is at your own risk.

    It does not mean the file is infected with anything, just that no scan has been done.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. N9NU's Avatar
    Posts : 132
    Windows 10, Mageia Linux 6, FreeNAS, Zentynal
       19 Mar 2017 #154

    Google Virus Warning & File Size Explained


    Hi Guys

    Yeah the Google Drive warning is common for any file over a certain size. It's not infected and works on the PC I installed it on.

    M4v3r1ck - That is just telling you that Google's own virus software (on the server) cannot scan it due to the size. They have a limit on how large the file can be in order for their scanner to handle it. Why? I have no clue...LOL. However, that is common and you will see it on every file over a certain size.

    I installed it myself and it works perfect on 2 other PC's.

    I can guarantee you it's a safe file. Windows Defender would catch it if it was infected.

    Tnx
    Tim

    -----==== Here is a post directly from Google regarding Virus scanning & file size ====-----


    Security


    • File types: Users can upload any type of file, including executables (for example, .exe or .vbs) and compressed files.
    • Virus scanning: Google Drive scans a file for viruses before the file is downloaded or shared. If a virus is detected, users can't share the file with others, send the infected file via email, or convert it to a Google Doc, Sheet, or Slide, and they'll receive a warning if they attempt these operations. The owner can download the virus-infected file, but only after acknowledging the risk of doing so.
      Only files smaller than 25 MB can be scanned for viruses. For larger files, a warning is displayed saying that the file can't be scanned.
    Here is the direct link to the entire page: Upload files to Google Drive - G Suite Administrator Help
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       19 Mar 2017 #155

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15061 for PC


    Mystere said: View Post
    I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about the message. It seems pretty clearly worded. Google has chosen to not scan files over a certain size (for which this file exceeds), and thus they are simply warning that it has not been scanned by Google, and downloading is at your own risk.

    It does not mean the file is infected with anything, just that no scan has been done.
    Thanks for your feedback!

    I've read the warning, but let me be more precise then. I didn't know Google Drive has a scan limit for files =< 3.8 GB - who engineered this number anyway? - on GD. Being that strict about the size, then my conclusion would be shouldn't GD be avoided for distributing ISO's? Because now a safety scan can't be performed on Google's own servers. In general they would have better protection then user AV's.

    Again I've no suspicion towards any member here of course, just getting things straight for myself. Still on quite a vertical learning curve! [emoji854]

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       19 Mar 2017 #156

    N9NU said: View Post
    Hi Guys

    Yeah the Google Drive warning is common for any file over a certain size. It's not infected and works on the PC I installed it on.

    M4v3r1ck - That is just telling you that Google's own virus software (on the server) cannot scan it due to the size. They have a limit on how large the file can be in order for their scanner to handle it. Why? I have no clue...LOL. However, that is common and you will see it on every file over a certain size.

    I installed it myself and it works perfect on 2 other PC's.

    I can guarantee you it's a safe file. Windows Defender would catch it if it was infected.

    Tnx
    Tim

    -----==== Here is a post directly from Google regarding Virus scanning & file size ====-----

    Here is the direct link to the entire page: Upload files to Google Drive - G Suite Administrator Help
    Thanks for your edit and link. My assumption about the 3,8 GB is deadly wrong then!

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. N9NU's Avatar
    Posts : 132
    Windows 10, Mageia Linux 6, FreeNAS, Zentynal
       19 Mar 2017 #157

    Yeah...I am not sure why they have a limit of only 25MB. My only guess would be some sort of timing issue...the length of which it takes to scan larger files....I really don't know.

    I intend to ask in the Google forums just for kicks to find out.


    Tim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 3,329
    10.5 Home 1803 x64
       19 Mar 2017 #158

    N9NU said: View Post
    I am not sure why they have a limit of only 25MB.
    They have to upload each file for scanning, it is not like they have AV installed on google drives. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. N9NU's Avatar
    Posts : 132
    Windows 10, Mageia Linux 6, FreeNAS, Zentynal
       19 Mar 2017 #159

    Yeah okay...that makes sense...LOL. It can take a tad bit of time when scanning a 3+GB file...heh


    Tim
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/66005-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14931-pc-slow-ring.html 783714051293646850 778715942645669888 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC | Windows...
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
687334185501999104 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:53.
Find Us