Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15055 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Mar 2017 #180

    Even sfc /scannow finishes without errors.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    12 Mar 2017 #181

    slicendice said: View Post
    What you see in the folder is not what was downloaded, but what was extracted from the downloaded files. The Download is tiny!
    Doh - of course!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Mar 2017 #182

    sultanofswing said: View Post
    Is anyone else noticing issues when trying to watch videos on Youtube with this build? I get the same issue no matter if I am using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The browsers are completely locking up on me and i have to use task manager to close them. Happens to any video, I thought it may have been the newest Nvidia driver but trying 2 different drivers produce the same result so I feel it has to do with this build.
    I mostly notice the browsers lock up when I try to view the videos in full screen but they still do it even not in full screen.
    The browsers will also lock up if you try to skip to a different part of the video.
    Some videos I can play and seek in, others I cant... Maybe some form of hardware acceleration gone bad... I too have an Nvidia card. 1080 to be exact!

    I'm reverting to the last build, hopefully that works!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,137
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Mar 2017 #183

    slicendice said: View Post
    What you see in the folder is not what was downloaded, but what was extracted from the downloaded files. The Download is tiny!
    True. I was also a bit confused until you explained this to me :)

    Here's an example from an upgrade process just now. Start situation: Build 15046 Pro x64 EN-GB clean installed on a Hyper-V virtual machine. Installation was done disconnected from network, when finally on desktop I took this screenshot, properties of C: drive:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	124809

    Network was now connected, I opted in for Fast Ring, restarted. Windows Update found two updates and build 15055 upgrade immediately:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	124808

    Carefully monitorin processes, captured this screenshot the moment download was finished, Windows Update starting preparing the updates:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	124811

    When ready and Windows Update showed Restart now button, it looked like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	124812

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Mar 2017 #184

    15055 installed with no issues as far as I can tell. Some observations, probably known by most, but I monitored the folder ....SoftwareDistributions/Download and there were perhaps 10 entries there before I started 055 down load. When the download started, most of the files disappeared and immediately files with today's date started to appear. I am just surprised that "old" files were erased?? as part of the install. Previous install in the past left quite a few files there. After clean up, only 4 entries there now, 2 folders and 2 files.

    Starting with the last two installs, I have red X's on several folders, i.e. Pictures and Documents and everything in those folders, along with the OneDrive folder. "Not able to sync" I believe the message is. Any ideas there?? Tx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails redx.JPG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 15,097
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       12 Mar 2017 #185

    Kari said: View Post
    True. I was also a bit confused until you explained this to me :)

    Here's an example from an upgrade process just now. Start situation: Build 15046 Pro x64 EN-GB clean installed on a Hyper-V virtual machine. Installation was done disconnected from network, when finally on desktop I took this screenshot, properties of C: drive:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	124809

    Network was now connected, I opted in for Fast Ring, restarted. Windows Update found two updates and build 15055 upgrade immediately:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	124808

    Carefully monitorin processes, captured this screenshot the moment download was finished, Windows Update starting preparing the updates:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	124811

    When ready and Windows Update showed Restart now button, it looked like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	124812

    Kari
    I've used old fashion method by checking Network details from Task manager. And it gave basically the same numbers: around 2 GB download. Network restarted before update..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,609
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       12 Mar 2017 #186

    As part of the Creator Editon RTM build I offer this from buildfeed10.0.15141.1000 (rs_prerelease.170219-2340)

    Let's see what's released next week. Actually I thought Creator Edition was going to be released in April but since all the talk is about build 1703 I suppose it must be this month.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    12 Mar 2017 #187

    martyfelker said: View Post
    As part of the Creator Editon RTM build I offer this from buildfeed10.0.15141.1000 (rs_prerelease.170219-2340)

    Let's see what's released next week. Actually I thought Creator Edition was going to be released in April but since all the talk is about build 1703 I suppose it must be this month.
    April 11, 2017(officially), but MS has already signed off on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Mar 2017 #188

    sultanofswing said: View Post
    Is anyone else noticing issues when trying to watch videos on Youtube with this build? I get the same issue no matter if I am using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The browsers are completely locking up on me and i have to use task manager to close them. Happens to any video, I thought it may have been the newest Nvidia driver but trying 2 different drivers produce the same result so I feel it has to do with this build.
    I mostly notice the browsers lock up when I try to view the videos in full screen but they still do it even not in full screen.
    The browsers will also lock up if you try to skip to a different part of the video.
    Yes, YouTube buffers when I try to skip or switch to different tab Refreshing the page helps.
    Last edited by brummyfan; 12 Mar 2017 at 21:30.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,609
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       12 Mar 2017 #189

    Ran in a small glitch. The Hyper-v hypervisor stopped run and could not be started. Fixed by uninstalling the Hyper-V feature and then re-installing. The only change I had made was installing the Docker engine service. Wish every problem was like this.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Related Threads
751098939798007808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog Download: Windows 10 Mobile Emulator 14383
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
722832876543221762 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14327 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
694219598275588096 UPDATE: 695366743150100480 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10572 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.
Find Us