Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Jul 2015 #61
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Texas
    Posts : 210
    Win 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I can wait an extra day or two. It will be interesting to see when the ISO's go up on MSDN though.
    Oh crap I guess we are back on topic. lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jul 2015 #62

    I don't think it is ready for release, and that is the reasons for delay.

    The 10162 I have still has sound card issues and driver issues. DirectX seems to be having difficulties, some of my Legacy software still doesn't run properly. And Edge isn't even fully enabled. I think that the Insider group will be far more forgiving then the general public, if problems arise. I don't think they should have announced a release date without having a completely stable product. I have a feeling this is going to be a messy release. And again, since they haven't given any pre-order numbers, I think it may not be in as great as demand as hoped for.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Jul 2015 #63
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    I don't think it is ready for release, and that is the reasons for delay.

    The 10162 I have still has sound card issues and driver issues. DirectX seems to be having difficulties, some of my Legacy software still doesn't run properly. And Edge isn't even fully enabled. I think that the Insider group will be far more forgiving then the general public, if problems arise. I don't think they should have announced a release date without having a completely stable product. I have a feeling this is going to be a messy release. And again, since they haven't given any pre-order numbers, I think it may not be in as great as demand as hoped for.
    So in your opinion those folks at Microsoft are about to release an OS that is not not ready for Prime Time. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Jul 2015 #64
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So in your opinion those folks at Microsoft are about to release an OS that is not not ready for Prime Time. . .
    So in your opinion Microsoft has never or would never do that?

    Different Microsoft management, but IMHO and those of other PC gamers I know, Windows 7 just simply worked, no issues. And that's the reputation Microsoft had. Windows 8 wasn't bad but Windows 8.1 was a fiasco. Ethernet wasn't working, wifi was dropping out, sound needed work arounds because 8.1 drivers weren't ready. They even passed through a very old driver for my I7 980X which didn't work. There were numerous posts about these issues on the Microsoft forums. The text book answer being "we are not responsible for third party devices and manufacturers updating their drivers". Really? Everyone knew the issues were specific to 8.1 and weren't happy with that response. Seems more effort was made or more time was allowed to let third parties get on board with the os' before 8.1. And if additionally there are Direct x 12 issues in 10, I think Microsoft hopefully learning from the 8.1 release, would be thinking it's very wise to delay the release of 10. Microsoft ONE's position is one os. Laptops, etc might be easy. But based on the "ONE" philosophy, they shouldn't release 10 until its working without common issues for all users.

    Is it ready? I have no clue, but I am reading recent posts about similar issues that 8.1 had. I agree with Trust. A release date shouldn't have been announced unless they have a completely stable product, or if they are 100% sure they will achieve that by July 29. IMHO, they certainly did not have that with the 8.1 release. They need to do it better this time and take all the time they need to achieve that. If there are issues like Trust mentions, I certainly hope they do delay as opposed to the strategy they took with the 8.1 release.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Jul 2015 #65
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    If anybody's looking for perfection, specially with new edition is an optimist. Most of updates, except those for security are mostly fixes specially service packs. So mostly ready windows is expected, nothing more.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Jul 2015 #66
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    If anybody's looking for perfection, specially with new edition is an optimist. Most of updates, except those for security are mostly fixes specially service packs. So mostly ready windows is expected, nothing more.
    Having basic and vital hardware like ethernet, wifi, sound and GPU graphics that perform without issues at release and at least as well as it did in previous os" is not looking for perfection, that is what windows ready should be, and yes definitely expected.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Jul 2015 #67
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Having basic and vital hardware like ethernet, wifi, sound and GPU graphics that perform without issues at release and at least as well as it did in previous os" is not looking for perfection, that is what windows ready should be, and yes definitely expected.
    I had that for a while now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    06 Jul 2015 #68
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    [QUOTE=stealth2920;271653]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The Best way is not to allow Windows 7 and Windows 10 to be on the same Hard Drive. As I stated it is best to use an external device for Windows 10. This method for me, has been the only one that works. If you update Windows 10, it does nothing to Windows 7 boot this way.[/QUOTe

    Or have all OS on different HD's and disconnect the others prior to installing or upgrading. You need to have a disconnect system however to alleviate opening your case to disconnect the drives. If not then the external device system would be better.
    I know but I got a tad tired of opening my case .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Jul 2015 #69
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10!

    [QUOTE=Gary;272451]
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth2920 View Post

    I know but I got a tad tired of opening my case .
    Personally have no issues dual booting 7/10/Linux. EasyBCD to add Linux to bootloader. Installed 7 after 10, and it just uses 7 bootloader (10 still an option).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    06 Jul 2015 #70
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I had that for a while now.
    I'm truly glad to hear that. But Trust's first line issue talks about sound card driver issues and you have onboard sound, right? And many of us have dual graphics (SLI/Crossfire).

    So I will expect to "have that too" with the July 29 release, which is my point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Now Testing Windows 10 Build 10145 for PCs, Could Be Release
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will release next Windows 10 build for phones on Friday
Read more: Microsoft will release the next Windows 10 build for phones on Friday 585880417951055873
Windows 10 News
Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release
Read more: Microsofts why See also: Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Office Microsoft's latest target release date for Office 16:...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums