Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 99
    xp w7 w8.1 linux

    Dell offers windows 10 on 7/29


    Dell advert running on dell site.
    Buy an Intel Core(tm) PC and be the first to upgrade to Windows 10 on 7/29
    They will upset Dell and its customer base if they dont release it early enough for dell to start upgrading pc's
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    I don't see it as a blooper. I think they're just trying to be realistic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    Quote Originally Posted by besb View Post
    They will upset Dell and its customer base
    Dell's customer base should be upset that they bought a Dell.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    04 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,585
    Windows 10 IoT

    Better to come out and say it now then to make people wonder what's up on the day in question. IMHO. If you've reserved your upgrade via the Get Windows 10 app, your PC may download what's needed a day or two before. Then just update when it gets the go signal from Redmond. That would spread the bandwidth out even more by preloading a bunch of PC's before hand. And take some of the strain off of the download servers on the big day. They are going to have to stager it for the rest but hopefully they only have to wait a day or two.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,597
    W10 Insider + Linux

    If MS plans to distribute it piece by piece, they should start sending finished parts soon. Could not find anything in IO logs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    04 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,585
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    If MS plans to distribute it piece by piece, they should start sending finished parts soon. Could not find anything in IO logs.
    May be a bit early for that yet. I wouldn't expect it to happen until about a week before the official release date. That would be my guess anyway. It would be a managed download that would keep track of progress and resume when your PC is turned on. I doubt you'll see any please do not shut down your PC messages. You likely won't even know its happening unless your looking for it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,555
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    May be a bit early for that yet. I wouldn't expect it to happen until about a week before the official release date. That would be my guess anyway. It would be a managed download that would keep track of progress and resume when your PC is turned on. I doubt you'll see any please do not shut down your PC messages. You likely won't even know its happening unless your looking for it.
    To me, it sounds like they are going to do the piece by piece starting on July 29 instead of earlier, since they are rolling out in stages.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,001
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    If MS plans to distribute it piece by piece, they should start sending finished parts soon. Could not find anything in IO logs.
    Mike see my post here to get a event viewer custom view for GWX to see what it does.(also read a the next post too)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    04 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,112
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    To me, it sounds like they are going to do the piece by piece starting on July 29 instead of earlier, since they are rolling out in stages.
    This is where I now get confused

    at first I thought this would be done about a week or so before the 29th, but now it sounds like it is going to start doing it after the 29th
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,585
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    This is where I now get confused

    at first I thought this would be done about a week or so before the 29th, but now it sounds like it is going to start doing it after the 29th
    I think they'll start before the 29th. Just my 2 cents though. Nobody will be updated until the 29th, but the files needed will be downloaded before then. I think it will be the people that didn't reserve their update that will be staggered download. I could be wrong, who knows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Now Testing Windows 10 Build 10145 for PCs, Could Be Release
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft will release next Windows 10 build for phones on Friday
Read more: Microsoft will release the next Windows 10 build for phones on Friday 585880417951055873
Windows 10 News
Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release
Read more: Microsofts why See also: Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Office Microsoft's latest target release date for Office 16:...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums