Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Feb 2017 #21
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by D4ni3l View Post
    il should not have already installed build 726 then
    thanks for the info
    The current RTM AU Public build is 14393.693.

    The current Insider Release Preview Build is 14393.726.

    Today's delayed normal second Tuesday of the month Updates have nothing to do with the Release Preview Build. That is an "Insider" option....NOT public. The 14393.726 update came out around January 26th. Totally apart and separate from the normal everyday public build. There is no connection!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    14 Feb 2017 #22
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Oklahoma City
    Posts : 271
    Windows 10 1703 Build 15063

    I personally appreciate the MS delay action if it wasn't ready. I'm tired of app updates being released before they are ready and users being punished for updating them, like Malwarebytes 3.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Feb 2017 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    South Central Texas
    Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    They may care a little. They delayed releasing today's patches out of concern they would negatively affect customers. That's a lot better than throwing out known problem patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    Here we go again, there are those that complain when bug ridden security updates are released.
    Then others moan because updates are not delivered at a certain time, so buggering up their scheduled to the second life planning, like knowing when to turn on their computer just to install an update.
    To all those moaners I say, get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    ....
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Agreed! That's all there is to say.
    I guess I'm one of those "moaners" who needs to "get a life." Please show me where I said Microsoft should release a bug ridden update. All I tried to convey was my thought that Microsoft should show a little more transparency concerning when they might release this month's updates.

    To put it another way, how would you feel if you were in the hospital waiting for surgery and your doctor says, "We found some issues so surgery will be delayed." Wouldn't you want just a wee bit more info? Would that be unreasonable? Or is that just another case of "moaning" and needing to "get a life"?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Feb 2017 #24
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,184
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    warning   Warning
    Let's keep this discussion friendly and on topic shall we.

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    14 Feb 2017 #25
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,890
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
    I guess I'm one of those "moaners" who needs to "get a life." Please show me where I said Microsoft should release a bug ridden update. All I tried to convey was my thought that Microsoft should show a little more transparency concerning when they might release this month's updates.

    To put it another way, how would you feel if you were in the hospital waiting for surgery and your doctor says, "We found some issues so surgery will be delayed." Wouldn't you want just a wee bit more info? Would that be unreasonable? Or is that just another case of "moaning" and needing to "get a life"?
    Just a word to clarify to other readers..

    You quoted all of our answers as agreeing with harsh words said. I just agreed with f14Tomcat's statement, that MS actually care about us, users by delaying buggy update.

    As for waiting. If they found last minute bug, predicting the release to users would be like voodoo, don't you think? Shouldn't take long - day or two usually
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Feb 2017 #26
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,752
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Just a word to clarify to other readers..

    You quoted all of our answers as agreeing with harsh words said. I just agreed with f14Tomcat's statement, that MS actually care about us, users by delaying buggy update.

    As for waiting. If they found last minute bug, predicting the release to users would be like voodoo, don't you think? Shouldn't take long - day or two usually

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Feb 2017 #27
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,857
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    MS said, they plan to release updates next Tuesday, but to put it bluntly, when it is done (fixed), it is done.

    Microsoft Delays This Month’s Security Updates Due to Last-Minute Bug
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Feb 2017 #28
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,752
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    MS said, they plan to release updates next Tuesday, but to put it bluntly, when it is done (fixed), it is done.

    Microsoft Delays This Month’s Security Updates Due to Last-Minute Bug

    For me that makes perfect sense, the way it should be done. Otherwise MS might as well push out Insider builds to the general public which would not be a good move
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 Feb 2017 #29
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    MS said, they plan to release updates next Tuesday, but to put it bluntly, when it is done (fixed), it is done.

    Microsoft Delays This Month’s Security Updates Due to Last-Minute Bug
    Not to rain on your post, but the "source" wasn't quite able to verify their "source".

    "The company hasn’t said anything about its next target date for security patches, but sources told us that the firm is now aiming for next Tuesday, but this information cannot be verified at the moment."

    But, you're very correct....when it's done, it's done. We'll get it when we get it. Still glad they've taken this approach.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    14 Feb 2017 #30
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    MS said, they plan to release updates next Tuesday, but to put it bluntly, when it is done (fixed), it is done.

    Microsoft Delays This Month’s Security Updates Due to Last-Minute Bug
    Which might be fine for home users, but business users need to plan time around it, submit change requests plan for outages.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Office February 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release
Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_sustained_engineering/2017/02/07/february-2017-non-security-office-update-release/
Windows 10 News
Another Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/02/07/another-update-to-visual-studio-2017-rc/
Windows 10 News
Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/01/26/update-to-visual-studio-2017-release-candidate/
Windows 10 News
Windows Developer Day - Creators Update Event on February 8th 2017
Source: Join us on Feb 8th for Windows Developer Day Creators Update livestream - Building Apps for Windows See also: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/windows-developer-day
Windows 10 News
February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary
Source: February 2016 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs See also: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February 2016 Security Advisories 2016
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums