Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 for PC Insider

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Feb 2017 #260

    f14tomcat said: View Post

    Oh, NOTE: Disconnect from network when you have both Ethernet and WiFi would mean turning off the router. Just disabling Ethernet or pulling the cable won't do. It'll just fall back to the WiFi. That's been my experience.
    Well, not if you don't have a wireless adapter or you have it disabled in the device manager... If I'm running a system with WiFi and Ethernet adapters both installed I always disable the adapter I don't want to use (in the DM.) A simple reboot immediately after setting the UUP options to off works fine, though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 33,096
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Feb 2017 #261

    waltc said: View Post
    Well, not if you don't have a wireless adapter or you have it disabled in the device manager... If I'm running a system with WiFi and Ethernet adapters both installed I always disable the adapter I don't want to use (in the DM.) A simple reboot immediately after setting the UUP options to off works fine, though.
    Yeah, Kari pointed that out to me yesterday. It was a slip on my part, and I posted that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    12 Feb 2017 #262

    Winuser said: View Post
    I noticed that too. Without the random asterisk I have been using Edge as my main browser on this build. I still prefer Pale Moon but as a Insider I want to help MS to work out the bugs in Edge.
    Have you tried Firefox D.E. x64? It's great--and it's updated at least twice daily direct from Mozilla--I know because I have updates set to notify but don't install. I like at least the illusion of control... Edge, ugh. I haven't used it except for a couple of exploratory looks early on--nothing there for me.

    https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-aurora-latest-ssl&os=win64&lang=en-US


    - - - Updated - - -

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Yeah, Kari pointed that out to me yesterday. It was a slip on my part, and I posted that.
    Hey...no problem...my dear f14Tomcat...didn't see Kari's post at the time... Sorry for the redundancy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Feb 2017 #263

    waltc said: View Post
    I turned off notifications about a year ago, IIRC...much better... Highly recommended...! Every build upgrade since I initially set the option to off has carried the setting forward to next.
    I like that idea since all the notifications I get are things I already know or don't care about.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 33,096
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Feb 2017 #264

    waltc said: View Post

    Hey...no problem...my dear f14Tomcat...didn't see Kari's post at the time... Sorry for the redundancy.
    No problem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,524
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       12 Feb 2017 #265

    waltc said: View Post
    Have you tried Firefox D.E. x64? It's great--and it's updated at least twice daily direct from Mozilla--I know because I have updates set to notify but don't install. I like at least the illusion of control... Edge, ugh. I haven't used it except for a couple of exploratory looks early on--nothing there for me.

    https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-aurora-latest-ssl&os=win64&lang=en-US


    - - - Updated - - -



    Hey...no problem...my dear f14Tomcat...didn't see Kari's post at the time... Sorry for the redundancy.
    I use Firefox Nightly as my daily driver in terms of browsers. But I also use Chrome (2 profiles), Chrome Canary and Edge.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,704
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       13 Feb 2017 #266

    Manual/physical disconnection from network is the only way to be sure.

    My W10 Home (laptop) randomly connects to our wireless network, even though it is not set to "auto-connect".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 Feb 2017 #267

    @f14tomcat
    Thanks for the tip about turning off Edge running in the background. I let Edge set idle for over two hours and it didn't freeze.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    13 Feb 2017 #268

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    Manual/physical disconnection from network is the only way to be sure.

    My W10 Home (laptop) randomly connects to our wireless network, even though it is not set to "auto-connect".
    Have you tried going into Known Networks and choosing the wireless connection and selecting Forget?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 33,096
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       13 Feb 2017 #269

    Winuser said: View Post
    @f14tomcat
    Thanks for the tip about turning off Edge running in the background. I let Edge set idle for over two hours and it didn't freeze.
    Super! Glad that did the trick for ya! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    695034380524216320 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog
    677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
    Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.
    Find Us