Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       07 Jul 2015 #691

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    IT's all code.. that's all I said and am saying.
    You're getting to worked up.
    I'm not getting worked up. I just wonder why you can't understand that programs written to Win32 are not the same as those written to WinRT, why making that distinction is useful, and why you can't admit that people know this, and call the WinRT one 'Apps'. That's all.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,937
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       07 Jul 2015 #692

    sgage said: View Post
    I'm not getting worked up. I just wonder why you can't understand that programs written to Win32 are not the same as those written to WinRT, why making that distinction is useful, and why you can't admit that people know this, and call the WinRT one 'Apps'. That's all.
    For the last time.. it's code ..period. If it's compiled for Win32 or WinRt is not relevant. The same code or similar could be used by both Win32 and WinRt.

    Like I said.. it's all source code for me.. How implement it might be for a different platform but it can be the same source code
    Peace..
    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       07 Jul 2015 #693

    sgage said: View Post
    I'm not getting worked up. I just wonder why you can't understand that programs written to Win32 are not the same as those written to WinRT, why making that distinction is useful, and why you can't admit that people know this, and call the WinRT one 'Apps'. That's all.
    if someone is dedicated to believe what they want to believe, whether it is right or wrong, you can't convince them otherwise, no matter how much logic or common sense you give them. it's all good, others get and agree with what you are saying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 TP 9926
       07 Jul 2015 #694

    STEVAE said: View Post
    if someone is dedicated to believe what they want to believe, whether it is right or wrong, you can't convince them otherwise, no matter how much logic or common sense you give them. it's all good, others get and agree with what you are saying.
    To quote a very famous lady,, "AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE "
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,745
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jul 2015 #695

    Kari said: View Post
    No offence but I am enjoying this semantic debate .

    Let's try to stir the pot a bit more: Download and install Excel Mobile Preview App, PowerPoint Mobile Preview App or Word Mobile Preview App on your Windows 10 computer. All of them even have the word Mobile in their names. All of them are standard Windows Store Apps.

    Try them, use them. On Windows 10 PC they are full-fledged desktop applications / programs, capable to do almost anything and everything their Office Suite counterparts can do (of course there are certain limitations, these apps are free!).
    Yes, and they were called programs before Microsoft changed them to apps so they'd fit into the Store. <ducking and running>
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       07 Jul 2015 #696

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, and they were called programs before Microsoft changed them to apps so they'd fit into the Store. <ducking and running>
    lol. stir, stir, stirrrrrrrrrrrrr...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 3
    windows 7
       07 Jul 2015 #697

    Way off track


    I really wish a Mod. would move all this "program vs. app" crap to another thread so we can get back on topic here.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 992
    Windows 10 Pro,
       07 Jul 2015 #698

    blongs said: View Post
    I really wish a Mod. would move all this "program vs. app" crap to another thread so we can get back on topic here.


    There was a topic?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,745
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jul 2015 #699

    STEVAE said: View Post
    lol. stir, stir, stirrrrrrrrrrrrr...
    Seriously, in the long run, what does it matter what we call them? I'm not going to change anyone else's mind with what I think and no one's going to change my mine either, so what's the point to all the arguing.

    Not pointed at you, Stevae, but at the whole bunch of us . . .

    Get over it! Microsoft is going to call them what they choose and nothing we say or do will change that!

    Let's all desert this thread and go into the real meat of Windows 10. It's already been thrashed to death as it is.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       07 Jul 2015 #700

    Gary said: View Post
    I use the latest Beta release of Classic Shell v 4.2.2 and it basically lets one customize Windows 10 to their liking. You do not have to fool around with the c:\Windows\Resources\Themes . I did enough of that in Windows 7. I am pretty sure someone will start making third party themes for Windows 10 but they are really not necessary. But it is the users choice to make.
    i don't see a 4.2.2 beta release, only a 4.2.0 beta, and a 4.2.1 latest stable version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10162 ISOs Released
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 10136 Screenshots Released by Microsoft
Source
Windows 10 News
AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums