Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Jul 2015 #631

    Wenda said: View Post
    Just one from left-field - with the new start menu - wouldn't it be nice if, when you clicked on 'All Apps' you actually got APPS, and not PROGRAMS?

    Where the apps are now, is where my bloody PROGRAMS should be. Editable and customisable.

    Thank Ivo there's still Classic Shell...


    Wenda

    I don't EVER remember having to go through so much crap to get even the original Win 8 (which i hated at first) to work the way I want. WHY is Microsoft so determined to make me dislike 10??? Or at least, why make it so hard for me to change it so as I DO like it?

    They're close, but, so far, no cigar.
    HI there.

    Careful with this one or we'll get back to that stupid discussion on What's an APP, an APPLICATION and a PROGRAM !!!

    Perhaps the word PROGRAM just means Timetable or a list of events taking place at specific times, an APPLICATION is something like APPLYING a dose say of Sun cream to your skin (An APPLICATION of suncream for example) and an APP is actually an APE spelt wrongly.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,335
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       07 Jul 2015 #632

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, every time I change wallpaper on this desktop, my laptop changes too. I created a new theme and ran it on this desktop and the laptop is running it too.

    I should try to dig out why this happens. And change it to how I want things to go. I don't want the same thing on all my computers.
    Star Ferret.... This may be, or not be, or otherwise, . But bang around here here a bit. Had the same issue with my DT and SP3. Just politely tell it to be QUIET! Syncing likes to get in your face, sometimes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-07_09h28_19.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	23592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-07_09h29_11.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	23593
    Might want to say DO NOT DO THAT! Set your own on each device.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jul 2015 #633

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Star Ferret.... This may be, or not be, or otherwise, . But bang around here here a bit. Had the same issue with my DT and SP3. Just politely tell it to be QUIET! Syncing likes to get in your face, sometimes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-07_09h28_19.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	23592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-07_09h29_11.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	23593
    Might want to say DO NOT DO THAT! Set your own on each device.
    Wow, Tomcat, I've been saving the themes to share . . . so in order for them not to go to the rest of the computers in the house, I need to "just save" them rather than to share?

    If it's as simple as that . . . StarFerret will come over and unbite your ankles!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       07 Jul 2015 #634

    One drive > Sync settings > Personalization settings > Desktop personalization, My themes, taskbar,..... << Turn off.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,335
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       07 Jul 2015 #635

    Wynona said: View Post
    Wow, Tomcat, I've been saving the themes to share . . . so in order for them not to go to the rest of the computers in the house, I need to "just save" them rather than to share?

    If it's as simple as that . . . StarFerret will come over and unbite your ankles!
    Yeah, kinda just that easy. You say Share, and by-golly, it will! Plink at it, see what you get. You can always put it back, trash it, get new theme, (Got tricks for custom pics themes, too.) Never seen you to be one a'sceered of pushin' a button!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,509
    Windows 10 Pro
       07 Jul 2015 #636

    Wynona said: View Post
    Wow, Tomcat, I've been saving the themes to share . . . so in order for them not to go to the rest of the computers in the house, I need to "just save" them rather than to share?

    If it's as simple as that . . . StarFerret will come over and unbite your ankles!
    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Yeah, kinda just that easy. You say Share, and by-golly, it will! Plink at it, see what you get. You can always put it back, trash it, get new theme, (Got tricks for custom pics themes, too.) Never seen you to be one a'sceered of pushin' a button!
    NO NO NO!

    Saving a Theme for sharing will only create a Windows Themepack file with extension .deskthemepack. This file can then be sent to anyone, uploaded to a theme site for others to download and so on, like for instance in this thread: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

    It has nothing, I repeat ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY COMPLETELY NOTHING to do with Windows 10 MS Account theme syncing. When you create a .deskthemepack file it will not be synced with all your other computers in any way differently than any theme you use, saved, unsaved or saved for sharing.

    Save the theme, it's saved locally and shared with all other Windows 8 or later computers you sign in with the same MS Account, subject to theme syncing being enabled. Save a .deskthemepack file and you can give it to anyone never even heard about an MS Account.

    When you apply a .deskthemepack file on one computer with MS Account and theme sync enabled, it will of course be synced with all other computers with the same MS Account. The sync applies to every theme you use, unsaved, saved or saved for sharing when and only when the theme is applied and used.

    Really!

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,231
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       07 Jul 2015 #637

    mreasier said: View Post
    I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I kept getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. I think I identified the problem. I did a clean install of 10162 on a spare drive as a stand alone system. Update told me I was all set to get insider builds. Then I reattached my drive with Windows 8.1 and set it up for dual boot. As soon as I did this I got the infamous "Fix me" button. I then disconnected the Windows 8.1 drive and update told me I was once again all set to get insider builds. Strange - when Update sees another windows install on my system, it disables insider builds. Maybe there is something stored in the MBR. When I dual boot, I boot from a different drive and use Easy BCD to boot the Win 10 partition.
    Thanks for that reply.
    I disconnected my Windows 7 drive, booted up Windows 10 and the fast and slow ring options have reappeared.

    It's a bit of an odd scenario though as when I installed Win 10 I had my Win 7 drive disconnected from the PC.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       07 Jul 2015 #638

    DooGie said: View Post
    Thanks for that reply.
    I disconnected my Windows 7 drive, booted up Windows 10 and the fast and slow ring options have reappeared.

    It's a bit of an odd scenario though as when I installed Win 10 I had my Win 7 drive disconnected from the PC.
    I've done a dual boot like that. After reconnecting the Windows 8.1 drive, and booting into Windows 10. On the next boot back into 8.1, it had to do a repair. Windows 10 did something to it. Haven't dual booted since.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,335
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       07 Jul 2015 #639

    Kari said: View Post
    NO NO NO!

    Saving a Theme for sharing will only create a Windows Themepack file with extension .deskthemepack. This file can then be sent to anyone, uploaded to a theme site for others to download and so on, like for instance in this thread: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

    It has nothing, I repeat ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY COMPLETELY NOTHING to do with Windows 10 MS Account theme syncing. When you create a .deskthemepack file it will not be synced with all your other computers in any way differently than any theme you use, saved, unsaved or saved for sharing.

    Save the theme, it's saved locally and shared with all other Windows 8 or later computers you sign in with the same MS Account, subject to theme syncing being enabled. Save a .deskthemepack file and you can give it to anyone never even heard about an MS Account.

    When you apply a .deskthemepack file on one computer with MS Account and theme sync enabled, it will of course be synced with all other computers with the same MS Account. The sync applies to every theme you use, unsaved, saved or saved for sharing when and only when the theme is applied and used.

    Really!

    Kari
    I will retract, Wynona... all I know is what works for me...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Jul 2015 #640

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I will retract, Wynona... all I know is what works for me...
    Consider our themeselves corrected, Tomcat. Once I read Kari's post, I realize he is right.

    What you don't know is that Kari has been mentoring a few of us in creating themes and I'm a very novice theme creator. Go here to see what some of us are doing. You may want to join in the fun too, because, yes, it's a lot of fun.

    Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

    I believe Alphanumeric's suggestion is what I'm looking for, without, of course, knowing it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10162 ISOs Released
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 10136 Screenshots Released by Microsoft
Source
Windows 10 News
AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums