Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10!
       06 Jul 2015 #591

    sgage said: View Post
    Yes, I couldn't get through that, so I did a clean install from the ISO file. I saw some ridiculous 'recipe' for fixing it on Neowin or some such with what seemed liked dozens of fiddly steps that seemed more like superstitious incantations than really showing any understanding of the underlying problem. Much faster to simply clean install
    For me, ON THAT MACHINE while logged in to your MSA, go to the Insider website, and click "Get Started" (as an Insider). That works for me as I had the error on every machine I installed 10162 until I did that. Give it a few minutes then, recheck for updates, maybe relogin, but that worked for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
       06 Jul 2015 #592

    I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I kept getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. I think I identified the problem. I did a clean install of 10162 on a spare drive as a stand alone system. Update told me I was all set to get insider builds. Then I reattached my drive with Windows 8.1 and set it up for dual boot. As soon as I did this I got the infamous "Fix me" button. I then disconnected the Windows 8.1 drive and update told me I was once again all set to get insider builds. Strange - when Update sees another windows install on my system, it disables insider builds. Maybe there is something stored in the MBR. When I dual boot, I boot from a different drive and use Easy BCD to boot the Win 10 partition.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 430
    W10 AU & W10 Insider
       06 Jul 2015 #593

    mreasier said: View Post
    I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I kept getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. I think I identified the problem. I did a clean install of 10162 on a spare drive as a stand alone system. Update told me I was all set to get insider builds. Then I reattached my drive with Windows 8.1 and set it up for dual boot. As soon as I did this I got the infamous "Fix me" button. I then disconnected the Windows 8.1 drive and update told me I was once again all set to get insider builds. Strange - when Update sees another windows install on my system, it disables insider builds. Maybe there is something stored in the MBR. When I dual boot, I boot from a different drive and use Easy BCD to boot the Win 10 partition.
    I fixed mine by adding a new account and used the same email/ UN/PW etc as the original.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       06 Jul 2015 #594

    DooGie said: View Post
    I know what it is now. Looks like my account needs repairing.

    Attachment 23508

    How to do it though is a mystery. If I click on the Fix Me button it just opens up a link on how to stop insider builds.
    Wow, that is about the strangest thing I've ever seen. Suggestion that may or may not work. Stop Insider builds and then restart them? If that doesn't work, I'd think a clean install is in order.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       06 Jul 2015 #595

    since it was a big topic just recently on this thread, if anybody wants to change their TITLE BAR COLOR and size, i can show you how. you can choose a dedicated color, or have the title bar change colors as one of the accent colors. anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, and is interested in doing this, let me know and i'll post the steps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       06 Jul 2015 #596

    mreasier said: View Post
    I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I kept getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. I think I identified the problem. I did a clean install of 10162 on a spare drive as a stand alone system. Update told me I was all set to get insider builds. Then I reattached my drive with Windows 8.1 and set it up for dual boot. As soon as I did this I got the infamous "Fix me" button. I then disconnected the Windows 8.1 drive and update told me I was once again all set to get insider builds. Strange - when Update sees another windows install on my system, it disables insider builds. Maybe there is something stored in the MBR. When I dual boot, I boot from a different drive and use Easy BCD to boot the Win 10 partition.
    I'm dual booting and don't have that problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 951
    Windows 8.1, 10
       06 Jul 2015 #597

    mreasier said: View Post
    I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I kept getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. I think I identified the problem. I did a clean install of 10162 on a spare drive as a stand alone system. Update told me I was all set to get insider builds. Then I reattached my drive with Windows 8.1 and set it up for dual boot. As soon as I did this I got the infamous "Fix me" button. I then disconnected the Windows 8.1 drive and update told me I was once again all set to get insider builds. Strange - when Update sees another windows install on my system, it disables insider builds. Maybe there is something stored in the MBR. When I dual boot, I boot from a different drive and use Easy BCD to boot the Win 10 partition.
    I think the Stop Insider Builds button appears in the same place as Fix Me, once the Fix Me message has gone. So I'm wondering if it got fixed OK, but the UI is still displaying the old Fix Me button when it should say Stop Insider Builds.?

    What happens if you Restart and go back to that screen?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       06 Jul 2015 #598

    STEVAE said: View Post
    since it was a big topic just recently on this thread, if anybody wants to change their TITLE BAR COLOR and size, i can show you how. you can choose a dedicated color, or have the title bar change colors as one of the accent colors. anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, and is interested in doing this, let me know and i'll post the steps.
    Post away; there's gotta be quite a few who would like to do that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       06 Jul 2015 #599

    Wynona said: View Post
    Wzor.net seems to be alive and well at this point, Gary. I just opened the site, but didn't create an account. There's not much to see, though, and there's a statement that there's no software there.

    Wzor goes dark:
    Windows leak site Wzor goes dark a day after feds arrest Microsoft mole | Computerworld

    Wzor resurfaces in April:
    Windows leaker Wzor resurfaces | InfoWorld
    I got as far as you did a while back. I did not want to open an account. Thanks for the info!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,643
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       06 Jul 2015 #600

    For many of us, when we updated to Builds 10158, 10159 and 10162, Office 365 gave three errors:

    1. A never ending loop telling the user to sign into his/her O365 account.
    2. Another error having the user sign into his/her O365 account that was just a bit different that #1.
    3 And finally, the one I got; Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel.

    This is a Known Issue that doesn't seem to be confined solely to Windows 10 or solely to Office 365. I have just learned that both the Windows 10 and the Office 365 Teams are working together toward a solution to this problem.

    Since this concerns both Windows 10 and Office 365, I will post this info in the Office thread also.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10162 ISOs Released
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 10136 Screenshots Released by Microsoft
Source
Windows 10 News
AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums