Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10162 Released

Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Jul 2015 #580

    I still have the fast or slow option in build 10162.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 19,794
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       06 Jul 2015 #581

    simrick said: View Post
    Haven't had that problem, but I do notice that Skype will not close. Close Window and Quit Skype do nothing.
    Simrick, Skype may be set up to open when you boot Windows; if it is, ain't no way it's gonna close. My Skype for Business does that to me, and so until there's a Ten Forums chat fixing to happen, I tell Skype for Business not to open when booting Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,736
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       06 Jul 2015 #582

    Rocky said: View Post
    I still have the fast or slow option in build 10162.
    Must be something screwed up in my installation then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 19,794
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       06 Jul 2015 #583

    DooGie said: View Post
    Hmmmm. On all previous builds the option was there, for some reason it's gone awol on my machine with build 10162.
    Open Settings>Update and Security; under Windows Update, click on Advanced Options and at the bottom of the screen you should see either fast or slow toward the bottom. There's a down arrow to click for changing from fast to slow and back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Jul 2015 #584

    Wynona said: View Post
    Simrick, Skype may be set up to open when you boot Windows; if it is, ain't no way it's gonna close. My Skype for Business does that to me, and so until there's a Ten Forums chat fixing to happen, I tell Skype for Business not to open when booting Windows.
    Nope, that's the very first thing I do when installing something - especially Skype - I hate all that stuff starting on boot! LOL
    I sent a feedback with a video.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Jul 2015 #585

    Rocky said: View Post
    I still have the fast or slow option in build 10162.
    Me too. It's still there. I just helped someone install from the MS ISO to a clean HDD and it's there too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,736
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       06 Jul 2015 #586

    I know what it is now. Looks like my account needs repairing.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	23508

    How to do it though is a mystery. If I click on the Fix Me button it just opens up a link on how to stop insider builds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 704
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       06 Jul 2015 #587

    DooGie said: View Post
    I know what it is now. Looks like my account needs repairing.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	23508

    How to do it though is a mystery. If I click on the Fix Me button it just opens up a link on how to stop insider builds.
    Yes, I couldn't get through that, so I did a clean install from the ISO file. I saw some ridiculous 'recipe' for fixing it on Neowin or some such with what seemed liked dozens of fiddly steps that seemed more like superstitious incantations than really showing any understanding of the underlying problem. Much faster to simply clean install :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,736
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       06 Jul 2015 #588

    sgage said: View Post
    Yes, I couldn't get through that, so I did a clean install from the ISO file. I saw some ridiculous 'recipe' for fixing it on Neowin or some such with what seemed liked dozens of fiddly steps that seemed more like superstitious incantations than really showing any understanding of the underlying problem. Much faster to simply clean install :)
    I just read a similar thread to the Neowin one on the Microsoft Community forum.

    Thing is though for build 10162 I downloaded the ISO formatted my existing Win 10 partition and did a clean install.
    So unless I re-format and try yet another clean install I guess I'll just have to live with it until we get a newer build or RTM comes out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 824
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       06 Jul 2015 #589

    DooGie said: View Post
    Has the option to select fast or slow ring vanished in this build?
    It no longer exists on my setup.
    @DooGie Since build 10158 (I believe) You must be signed in with a Microsoft Account to switch from Fast to Slow Ring and to receive new Insider Builds that is why you are seeing the "Fix Me" button and haven't been updated to the newest build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
    616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
    Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
    601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15.
    Find Us