Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Jul 2015 #251
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 45
    Win 10 on VMware

    Ditto


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I've gone from Windows 7 to 10074 > 10122 > 10130 > !0158 > 10159 > 10162 All via Windows update. YMMV I guess.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    03 Jul 2015 #252
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    8

    Hi all, I'm new here.

    I rather install TP on VirtualBox in my machine, but I'm lazy to download 162 as I've heard there is almost nothing new. However what bugs me over and over again is that no all icons were finalized in control panel. Can someone bring up control panel screenshot and check if they yet finished polishing CP icons? Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Jul 2015 #253
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,118
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by thejungle View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here.

    I rather install TP on VirtualBox in my machine, but I'm lazy to download 162 as I've heard there is almost nothing new. However what bugs me over and over again is that no all icons were finalized in control panel. Can someone bring up control panel screenshot and check if they yet finished polishing CP icons? Thanks!
    I haven't gotten into it very far, but I'm seeing posts that say it's much better than any other build so far.

    Control Panel is being depracated, although it may still be there on July 29. It's being slowly integrated into Settings. Windows Update is gone from the Control Panel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Panel.PNG 
Views:	1422 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	23162
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    03 Jul 2015 #254
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,809
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by thejungle View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here.

    I rather install TP on VirtualBox in my machine, but I'm lazy to download 162 as I've heard there is almost nothing new. However what bugs me over and over again is that no all icons were finalized in control panel. Can someone bring up control panel screenshot and check if they yet finished polishing CP icons? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I haven't gotten into it very far, but I'm seeing posts that say it's much better than any other build so far.

    Control Panel is being depracated, although it may still be there on July 29. It's being slowly integrated into Settings. Windows Update is gone from the Control Panel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control Panel.PNG 
Views:	1422 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	23162
    Just to add to Wynona's post... a couple more screenshots. Not sure what you're looking for. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-03_07h42_57.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	23163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-03_07h43_22.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	23164
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    03 Jul 2015 #255
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,633
    Windows 10 Pro

    As far as I know, the Control Panel will be removed in the future so what's the point of getting nicer icons for something which will eventually no longer be part of Windows?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    03 Jul 2015 #256
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,809
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    As far as I know, the Control Panel will be removed in the future so what's the point of getting nicer icons for something which will eventually no longer be part of Windows?
    Ah, perhaps. But there is still "God Mode". Old school, loosing function, but still there. Till all the CPLs are kaput!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    03 Jul 2015 #257
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    8

    Wow, thanks for your fast response guys. Actually rumors about deleting Control Panel have their roots at times of beta testing of Windows 8, so I would not be so excited about that idea. This is why I care about correcting control panel, and generally all icons, because this is what still annoys me and I hope they will fix it - inconsistency in style and appearance of OS parts. CP most likely will stay there for power users, this is why I think they atually started fixing those Icons.

    As far as I see they didn't change it much from 147, I'm waiting for changes in that matter. Thanks for your responses!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    03 Jul 2015 #258
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    The 10162 Build would not recognize any other drives that were installed. I could not even use my eSata drive. It blue screened every time I tried. Because of all of this, I am back on Windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    03 Jul 2015 #259
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,809
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The 10162 Build would not recognize any other drives that were installed. I could not even use my eSata drive. It blue screened every time I tried. Because of all of this, I am back on Windows 7.
    Gary, you seem to have a plethora of issues with new builds. Suggest you just clean install. MS ISO is available @ Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    03 Jul 2015 #260
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    UKGB
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro X64 (WIB 10547)

    Oh the imminent spell of Windows 10 RTM is around the corner...?

    Just noticed the update... Downloading now. Woot I'm as excited as an energizer bunny.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10162 ISOs Released
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 10136 Screenshots Released by Microsoft
Source
Windows 10 News
AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums