Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Jul 2015 #221
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,534
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahblah View Post
    I must be blind as a bat or not too much time on my hands these days but doesn't it bother anyone at all that we cannot change the color of the title bars anymore? Stuck at white & grey? I won't lie when my eyes get strained I have a hard time distinguishing from focused to unfocused windows these days .... Really irritating when I'm doing multiple things at once, like currently .... anyone?
    Agreed.

    I don't know why MS won't allow users to match the Titlebar and Taskbar colours.

    Have you tried creating a High Contrast theme?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Jul 2015 #222
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    I have been having trouble getting builds past 10130. Hope they get that fixed by the time it released to the public. The public won't like it if a new build (I think that going to be called feature upgrade) will not download.
    I don't see what this has to do with the public, these are preview builds for insiders not the public. I've just upgraded a second computer from 10130 with no problems. I have had major dramas with some of these builds, but that's what I signed up for. I think MS is on the right track, I'm loving Windows 10 now, I didn't at the start.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Jul 2015 #223
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,552
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with the public, these are preview builds for insiders not the public. I've just upgraded a second computer from 10130 with no problems. I have had major dramas with some of these builds, but that's what I signed up for. I think MS is on the right track, I'm loving Windows 10 now, I didn't at the start.
    In the preview some upgrade from one builds to another. The same thing will happen with the public but instead of calling it builds it would be called feature upgrades. If people are having trouble upgrading from one build to another build in the preview (See some posting in this thread). The same issue could happen in the public feature upgrades.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Jul 2015 #224
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    In the preview some upgrade from one builds to another. The same thing will happen with the public but instead of calling it builds it would be called feature upgrades. If people are having trouble upgrading from one build to another build in the preview (See some posting in this thread). The same issue could happen in the public feature upgrades.
    I'm pretty sure MS knows what they're doing and insiders are letting them know about bugs etc, I'm sure they'll have it all sorted before going public, there's still over 50 days to go, that could be 50 builds at the rate they're going, hope not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Jul 2015 #225
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10

    Today is July 2, release date is July 29, I think that comes to 27 days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Jul 2015 #226
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by MrQueely View Post
    Today is July 2, release date is July 29, I think that comes to 27 days.
    That's the problem with all these upgrades, I don't even know what month it is, anyway it could be another 26 builds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Jul 2015 #227
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That's the problem with all these upgrades, I don't even know what month it is, anyway it could be another 26 builds.
    LOL Yea 26 more builds does not seem unreasonable now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Jul 2015 #228
    Join Date : May 2015
    Oakville
    Posts : 21
    XP/7/8.1/10 PRO 10586

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Agreed.

    I don't know why MS won't allow users to match the Titlebar and Taskbar colours.

    Have you tried creating a High Contrast theme?
    I don't think its possible to create and customize a high contrast theme. I mean having color on the title bar should not be a difficult request, don't know what Microsoft was thinking. Maybe Edwin can help out?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Jul 2015 #229
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########

    they could send me a build every day and i'm all good with it. i was one of the first to upgrade this morning, and i haven't had any real problems to speak of. cortana was a little flaky at first, but that was settled with a restart. other than that, i have had no problems updating each time, my sound card and drivers work perfectly with each build, my people app works, store works with no funky discolored tile like some are reporting and everything is really fast.
    to make sure you have easy upgrades, you just have to make very sure that allllllllllllll of your drivers are correct and up to date. do a restart of your system before upgrading and all should go very smoothly. i point this out because some are blaming the build or m$ for some problems, when most problems are with the persons system. i've updated four machines each time this week, starting from leaked 10147, and every update went off without a hitch. of course i am ocd with keeping everything updated and running smoothly.
    for those who are worried about mega or other sites to get an iso, you can get iso's from people on here who have made them if you read just a few pages, you will see everyone is making them. but sites like mega and others are fine to get them from as well. i have dl several iso's from mega and other torrent sites, and haven't had any problems with them. i always do one upgrade machine, and three fresh installs, just so i can see the difference, if any, in performance and dependability.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    02 Jul 2015 #230
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahblah View Post
    I don't think its possible to create and customize a high contrast theme. I mean having color on the title bar should not be a difficult request, don't know what Microsoft was thinking. Maybe Edwin can help out?
    i totally agree with you. i have put it on the feedback form many, many times. not only color for the title bars, but also transparency. why they would have removed these functions is something i just don't understand. it is very difficult to tell the active title bar from the inactive ones. especially when you have a lot of windows up, and i usually do. keep asking, and i will also.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 10162 ISOs Released
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Build 10136 Screenshots Released by Microsoft
Source
Windows 10 News
AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums