Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10162 Released

Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Jul 2015 #161

    How do I get out of a driver update loop?


    I'm trying to upgrade to 10162, but first I've got an issue with a Synaptics driver update that failed for 10159. I can't get past this error.

    How can I get around this?
    On a related note, how can I deselect a driver update so that it doesn't try to overwrite the previous version?

    Thanks,
    Alan
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 310
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 16179 (VMWare)
       02 Jul 2015 #162

    IownAmoneyPit said: View Post
    Still no joy here for the update to 10162 I even reset the PC keeping nothing. I am going to do a clean install of 10130 & see if I have better luck.

    I had similar luck with 10158. I just downloaded the custom ISO files that the community created (for 10158) and had better luck detecting the 10159 and 10162 updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Jul 2015 #163

    Still don't see 10158. It never appears. Except for Windows Defender, I'm always "up to date." Any help would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,378
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #164

    rogerwilco91 said: View Post
    I think I figured out the problem. I simply had to click the install button that presents itself when the newest build is fully downloaded. I uploaded my post without clicking that install button and so was presented with an incomplete list of files in the Sources folder.

    Computer is preparing for the upgrade as I write this, so we shall see if install.esd is indeed there. Most likely it is.

    UPDATE: Its there. Sorry for the trouble folks!
    No problem at all. That's what we're here for. I help you and maybe next time you help me. Or someone else will pay it forward.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 310
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 16179 (VMWare)
       02 Jul 2015 #165

    awildttrout said: View Post
    Still don't see 10158. It never appears. Except for Windows Defender, I'm always "up to date." Any help would be appreciated.
    Do what I did and search google for 10158 install.esd file or the 10158 iso files. Just copy that to a USB and clean install the build.

    Unless you want to upgrade...then ignore my suggestions...sorry...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Jul 2015 #166

    Hi there

    Found a problem with build 10162 -- Taskbar doesn't always autohide (I thought that problem was fixed in build 10159 -- it's re-appeared again Grhhhhhh !!!!!!

    (I updated from 10169 via WD's ISO which I found "In the usual places". I'll see if tis is a general problem or jut because I used "an unofficial ISO". WD's builds are pretty reliable though.


    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 21
    XP/7/8.1/10 PRO 10586
       02 Jul 2015 #167

    IownAmoneyPit said: View Post
    Still no joy here for the update to 10162 I even reset the PC keeping nothing. I am going to do a clean install of 10130 & see if I have better luck.
    The servers are swamped bud, everyone is downloading on the fast ring and they are overloaded like crazy. Me and 2 other Canadian guys were not able to update. If your going to do a clean install get the ISO from here:

    Download Windows 10 Build 10162 ISO

    It was posted earlier, download from Mega. If you have a hispeed connection (I have 50/10) it will download in 15 minutes and install that ISO from scratch.

    I wasted 2 hours trying to wait for it to come, then I said screw it. Would have saved so much time if I downloaded from Mega hours ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Jul 2015 #168

    heyyahblah said: View Post
    The servers are swamped bud, everyone is downloading on the fast ring and they are overloaded like crazy. Me and 2 other Canadian guys were not able to update. If your going to do a clean install get the ISO from here:

    Download Windows 10 Build 10162 ISO

    It was posted earlier, download from Mega. If you have a hispeed connection (I have 50/10) it will download in 15 minutes and install that ISO from scratch.

    I wasted 2 hours trying to wait for it to come, then I said screw it. Would have saved so much time if I downloaded from Mega hours ago.


    I downloaded from KAT -- also quick -- 11 mins at this time of night.

    I don't like the megaload sites - they always try and sell you things.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Jul 2015 #169

    10162 is here


    10162 is here

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10162.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	23123
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 21
    XP/7/8.1/10 PRO 10586
       02 Jul 2015 #170

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    I downloaded from KAT -- also quick -- 11 mins at this time of night.

    I don't like the megaload sites - they always try and sell you things.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Haha, aww yes ... because everyone is sleeping in your time zone :P .... here everyone is home from work and on the computer . Mega came really fast because it came from NZ (New Zealand) so everyone is at work there so the servers were very quick for me
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10166 Released | Building Apps for Windows
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Source: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 Released
601809947274452992 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:24.
Find Us