Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC Insider

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,170
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       29 Jan 2017 #310

    WEKJR said: View Post
    Kari, old age is a terrible thing. You only told us to do that about 50 times...Only now does it sink in.
    After it's disappeared for the last 50 times!? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D and R.gif 
Views:	63 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	119045
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,150
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jan 2017 #311

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yeah, it's there, Andre. Go to Settings>System>Power and Sleep; over to the right underneath Related Settings you'll see Additional Power Settings. Click on that, and then "Choose what the power buttons do" and finally "Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable". Voila! You have arrived!
    simrick said: View Post
    Yeah, but if you have hibernation disabled, it won't be there at all. I have hibernation disabled also, and it's not there for me either on that one rig.

    100%x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Jan 2017 #312

    AndreTen said: View Post

    100%x
    If memory serves, I used this command (powercfg /h off) because I have an SSD as the OS drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,170
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       29 Jan 2017 #313

    AndreTen said: View Post

    100%x
    Yes, that's it, Andre!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,150
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jan 2017 #314

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, that's it, Andre!
    And, as you can see, there is no fast startup available.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,170
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       29 Jan 2017 #315

    simrick said: View Post
    Yeah, but if you have hibernation disabled, it won't be there at all. I have hibernation disabled also, and it's not there for me either on that one rig.
    I just checked Simrick, and Hibernate is unchecked along with Fast Startup. I'm pretty sure that I hadn't thought to turn it off even after my clean install. Strange!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,170
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       29 Jan 2017 #316

    AndreTen said: View Post
    And, as you can see, there is no fast startup available.
    I have it, Andre. In fact, I have both.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fast Start.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	119050
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jan 2017 #317

    Wynona said: View Post
    I just checked Simrick, and Hibernate is unchecked along with Fast Startup. I'm pretty sure that I hadn't thought to turn it off even after my clean install. Strange!
    Yeah, you'd have to run the command at an admin prompt for it to be gone:
    Code:
    powercfg /h off
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,150
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jan 2017 #318

    Wynona said: View Post
    I just checked Simrick, and Hibernate is unchecked along with Fast Startup. I'm pretty sure that I hadn't thought to turn it off even after my clean install. Strange!
    command
    powercfg /h off
    will also delete hiberfil.sys file. I'm not sure what is the difference between just unchecking hibernation and disabling it with powercfg.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    29 Jan 2017 #319

    AndreTen said: View Post
    command


    will also delete hiberfil.sys file. I'm not sure what is the difference between just unchecking hibernation and disabling it with powercfg.
    The difference is it will save space on your SSD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Related Threads
818518109497659393 818522983345991680 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15002-pc How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
702553978211475456 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 + Mobile Build 14267.1004 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
687334185501999104 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: November 9th 2015 663817978471804928 663818555217985536 662328639673864192
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:35.
Find Us