Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC Insider

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jan 2017 #280

    Odd.. I'm posting from Chrome right now with this build and it's working just fine. Did you try a restart to see if that helps any??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Jan 2017 #281

    Mystere said: View Post
    Going from one build number to another is an upgrade. Applying a cumulative patch is an update.

    Settings should not be changed with an update, but they are in an upgrade.

    The reason is simple, an upgrade installs a completely new version of Windows, and then various settings are migrated from the old copy to the new copy. Microsoft doesn't have every setting configured to migrate, so in those cases the defaults remain because that's what they were when the new copy was installed.

    If you're that concerned about these settings, file a bug report that those settings are not migrated to the new build.

    Regardless, this is not a case of MS deliberately overwriting your settings, it's a case of them not having programmed the upgrade process to migrate them (yet).
    There are also some things that get synced even when doing clean install. Lots more can be done like that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,857
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jan 2017 #282

    Wynona said: View Post
    In case no one has noticed yet, Update turned Fast Boot back on, and I had to boot twice this morning. Went in and turned it back off!

    Microsoft, quit messing with my settings!

    Reported via Feedback.
    Checked mine and and the option wasn't even there. (No fast startup)
    I have hibernation disabled (powercfg /h off) and without hiberfil there is no fast startup. It stayed off after upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 270
    latest windows insider home build
       29 Jan 2017 #283

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Odd.. I'm posting from Chrome right now with this build and it's working just fine. Did you try a restart to see if that helps any??
    Well, after 4 attempts to get either to install, finally Chrome is now working again..
    Very weird, I havent had issues with any browser other than Edge for the last 10 or more releases..

    oh well, it works for now, so thats a good thing!

    Gonna try Opera again now, just for grins...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jan 2017 #284

    wase4711 said: View Post
    Well, after 4 attempts to get either to install, finally Chrome is now working again..
    Very weird, I havent had issues with any browser other than Edge for the last 10 or more releases..

    oh well, it works for now, so thats a good thing!

    Gonna try Opera again now, just for grins...
    Good to hear it works and that's what matters. I hope you get the same results with Opera,.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 270
    latest windows insider home build
       29 Jan 2017 #285

    thanks; just tried Opera again after a few reboots and its a no go..

    as long as Chrome and or Cyberfox works, I guess I am ok, until next weeks build, but this build is very problematic
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Jan 2017 #286

    There's definitely something wrong with this Build as far as multiple browsers are concerned!
    I had to uninstall em all and start fresh.

    had to uninstall em all
    , then found I didn't have a browser to download a browser!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jan 2017 #287

    Edwin said: View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with this Build as far as multiple browsers are concerned!
    I had to uninstall em all and start fresh.

    , then found I didn't have a browser to download a browser!!!
    That could be a bummer. There's always alive Linux for that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    29 Jan 2017 #288

    CountMike said: View Post
    That could be a bummer. There's always alive Linux for that.
    Yeah, it was a 'blonde' moment!
    Fortunately, I had a Firefox setup.exe in the Recycle Bin!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 2,704
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       29 Jan 2017 #289

    Edwin said: View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with this Build as far as multiple browsers are concerned!
    I had to uninstall em all and start fresh.

    , then found I didn't have a browser to download a browser!!!
    - classic!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    818518109497659393 818522983345991680 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15002-pc How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    702553978211475456 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 + Mobile Build 14267.1004 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    687334185501999104 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: November 9th 2015 663817978471804928 663818555217985536 662328639673864192
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43.
    Find Us