We are pleased to announce that on Jan 25 2017, our monthly update 17.7766.7037 was released for Office on Windows mobile devices, available for download from the Microsoft Store
. You can download your favorite Office Mobile apps by opening the following links on your Windows phone or tablet --
Get Word Mobile
Get Excel Mobile
Get PowerPoint Mobile
Once you've downloaded the Office apps, you should be on the following version numbers -- OneNote (17.7766.5767), Word Mobile (17.7766.4782), Excel Mobile (17.7766.5032), PowerPoint Mobile (17.7766.4279).
What's New in 17.7766?
This month's update brings you --
- Use your Surface pen to select and change objects in Word Mobile Grab object handles with the Surface pen to resize, rotate, move, and do more.
- Open more files with Excel Mobile You can now open many more types of files in Excel. For example, you can open files that contain form controls.
- More background colors in OneNote Set a picture as the background of your notes so you can type right over it. This means you can type over forms, or annotate pictures. Give it a go and let us know how you like it!
- Choose how you paste in OneNote Pasting things into your notebook just got simpler. You can paste and keep the original formatting, paste just the text, or paste as an image in your notebook.
- Save time with Format painter in OneNote Magically copy your bold, italic, underlined, purple, 18 point, Lucida Sans formatting from one heading to another. No magic wands required.
- Insert space in OneNote Yes your notebook page is full of notes, but you can add extra space in the left margin or the middle of the page with the Insert Space tool.
- Take notes with style in OneNote Keep a consistent look across your notes when you use built-in styles for headings, quotes, code, and more.
- Open multiple notebooks in OneNote Jump start your note taking by opening your favorite notebooks all at once.
- Set your defaults straight in OneNote You know what you like. Pick your favorite font, size, and color to use as the default for new notes.
- Show or hide authors in OneNote See other authors’ initials next to their changes in a shared workbook, or hide the initials for a cleaner look.
- To check or not to check in OneNote Turn off the Check Spelling option when you don't need it.
For a full list of features available on your current Windows devices, visit What's New in OneNote, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile.
We hope you enjoy this month's additions and improvements. Whether you love it or dislike it, we want to hear from you. Reach out to us anytime, either through Send a Smile in your Office app, or lend your voice to the Microsoft community where experts, enthusiasts, and others like you are talking to the teams every day. We hope to hear from you.
The Office Team