Windows 10: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Jul 2015 #251

    Mystere said: View Post
    You can set any default you want, but you must do it yourself. You can't rely on apps to do it for you anymore. Just go into Settings and change the defaults yourself. Stop blaming Microsoft for everything.
    Hi there

    Agreed -- you can easily also set the default applications to be used when you start with any app. I have Winamp for audio and VLC for video as standard - nit the Ms apps.

    For my servers that use a WEB interface as their settings panels I've set IE as the standard (Edge doesn't -- by design so not an error -- recognize localhost / 127.x.x.x / local IP addresses such as 192.168.x.x). No probs at all.

    A lot of Windows IS customiseable --too many people are quick to blame Ms for anything. IMO Ms has been quite good as far as W10 is concerned - and we've all been able to play with these builds at ZERO COSTS. Ms also advised users in the earlier builds that these are TEST builds and errors could be expected so I'm surprised at the amount of vitriol thrown around by some people when an error does occur.

    If people want to stick with W7 or use something else -- OL but after the W8 fiasco I think Ms has actually redeemed itself pretty well with W10.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Jul 2015 #252

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    Agreed -- you can easily also set the default applications to be used when you start with any app. I have Winamp for audio and VLC for video as standard - nit the Ms apps.

    For my servers that use a WEB interface as their settings panels I've set IE as the standard (Edge doesn't -- by design so not an error -- recognize localhost / 127.x.x.x / local IP addresses such as 192.168.x.x). No probs at all.

    A lot of Windows IS customiseable --too many people are quick to blame Ms for anything. IMO Ms has been quite good as far as W10 is concerned - and we've all been able to play with these builds at ZERO COSTS. Ms also advised users in the earlier builds that these are TEST builds and errors could be expected so I'm surprised at the amount of vitriol thrown around by some people when an error does occur.

    If people want to stick with W7 or use something else -- OL but after the W8 fiasco I think Ms has actually redeemed itself pretty well with W10.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Jul 2015 #253

    I have one question i am using windows 10 build 10159 i have activated it and am an insider as well. I was just inquiring if the windows 10 RTM will be released in july 29th will i get the upgrade and if i upgrade the build 10159 to the rtm will i be able to do a clean install and stay activated with the RTM confused?

    Mohamed
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Jul 2015 #254

    Muhammad said: View Post
    I have one question i am using windows 10 build 10159 i have activated it and am an insider as well. I was just inquiring if the windows 10 RTM will be released in july 29th will i get the upgrade and if i upgrade the build 10159 to the rtm will i be able to do a clean install and stay activated with the RTM confused?

    Mohamed
    Yes in all accounts, but you'll either have to continue testing preview builds to stay an insider, or you'll have to upgrade a copy of Win 7/8.x. Or of course buy a new retail copy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Jul 2015 #255

    Not so sure I can endure another 6 hour upgrade!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Jul 2015 #256

    So far build 10159 is perfect.. just rock stable and not a single issue for me at least.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Jul 2015 #257

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    So far build 10159 is perfect.. just rock stable and not a single issue for me at least.
    same here running great here
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Jul 2015 #258

    Dave44 said: View Post
    same here running great here
    Now I can tell my other online friends that WIn10 is ready for them to upgrade to from Win8.1. So far MS has a winner IMO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,176
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       02 Jul 2015 #259

    my IE restarts when I X it out ,never did that in 10130
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 40
    windows 10 build 14951
       02 Jul 2015 #260

    sound card test tone failed
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Build 10159 impressions in Windows Insider
Ok I'll start... - Seems quite stable and fast/responsive - Touch systray up arrow expander icon and then touch desktop bug still exists from 10158 - 2 random icons at the top of the All Apps list still there from 10158 - BUG: Bad...
Solved Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available? in Installation and Upgrade
Anyone know if an ISO or ESD for 10159 x86 has been created or made available. Have been attempting an upgrade through Windows Update on v. 10158 for 2 days and it will not download properly. Want to download and upgrade via USB on a Dell Venue 8...
build 10159 in Installation and Upgrade
trying to update from 10130 to 10159 but for some reason it will not update. Any ideas?
build 10159 in Installation and Upgrade
build 10159 not activating from microsoft upgrade or iso any ideas
Hi there I've been playing all morning trying to get build 10159 to appear as a download or update -- Nothing would (apart from a download of ISO from a torrent site (WD's -OK but only use a torrent iso as a last resort). So I thought --OK...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:21.
Find Us