Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Jan 2017 #211

    Wynona said: View Post
    Both are on separate USB 3 ports, John. And I don't have any power saving modes set; all is at default, which is Balanced.
    Hi Wynona, the default is Enabled. My brother was having the same problem so I told him to go to Control Panel all | Power Options | Edit Plan settings | Advanced Settings | USB Settings then pick your usb settings and change to "Disabled". He is happy to report all 3 usb ports working now. and send out thanks to johngalt for the tip.
    LLAP,
    JimWiz1
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 13,512
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Jan 2017 #212

    Berton said: View Post
    Yeah, I've had also issues with imgburn but it is quite old [in computer terms]. Last time I tried it AVG flagged the .exe file as infected.
    The Official ImgBurn Website
    I've decided I can afford the ~$40 per new Operating System for Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator at my local Wal*Mart [40 miles away], doesn't give me any problems. But if I were into creating DVD movies I'd probably go for a fuller suite of applications.
    If you do decide to do movies, Berton, Cyberlink's PowerDirector 14 is a good one to have. It's a little pricy, if you just go to the site and buy it, but Shareware On Sale (sharewareonsale.com) has it for free every so often.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 13,512
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Jan 2017 #213

    JimWiz1 said: View Post
    Hi Wynona, the default is Enabled. My brother was having the same problem so I told him to go to Control Panel all | Power Options | Edit Plan settings | Advanced Settings | USB Settings then pick your usb settings and change to "Disabled". He is happy to report all 3 usb ports working now. and send out thanks to johngalt for the tip.
    LLAP,
    JimWiz1
    Thing is, Jim, I don't want to disable that particular external drive. I'm using it extensively for some legal research I'm involved in and need the drive and the ports both available.

    So far, all my USB ports are working fine; Windows is just redundently "rediscovering" My Passport.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Jan 2017 #214

    no no..Wynona, it disables the power saving...not the port. By default, the thing is managing your power and can turn off a port...to save you power
    JimWiz1...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 592
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       21 Jan 2017 #215

    JimWiz1 said: View Post
    no no..Wynona, it disables the power saving...not the port. By default, the thing is managing your power and can turn off a port...to save you power
    JimWiz1...
    Exactly.

    By default, Windows power saving will do things like turn off ports that are not in use to save energy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 13,512
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Jan 2017 #216

    JimWiz1 said: View Post
    no no..Wynona, it disables the power saving...not the port. By default, the thing is managing your power and can turn off a port...to save you power
    JimWiz1...
    OK, done. Now I have to leave the computer for awhile to see what happens when I wake it up.

    Thanks, Jim and John.

    Gotta write this all down somewhere.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Jan 2017 #217

    Yuck I have had both*BSOD and GreenSOD
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 20,986
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       21 Jan 2017 #218

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, done. Now I have to leave the computer for awhile to see what happens when I wake it up.

    Thanks, Jim and John.

    Gotta write this all down somewhere.
    @Wynona ... here ya go. A nice picture for ya. Pack it with all your other stuff!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-21_12h36_40.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	117972
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 13,512
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Jan 2017 #219

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @Wynona ... here ya go. A nice picture for ya. Pack it with all your other stuff!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-21_12h36_40.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	117972
    Yup, did that. And when I woke her up, she already knew My Passport was there!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 592
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       21 Jan 2017 #220

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yup, did that. And when I woke her up, she already knew My Passport was there!
    Glad that fixed it.

    We just went through an intense straight line wind storm front (~50 mph winds - got a great video of it for a solid minute), so all me devices but my cell and root / modem / switch / Vonage are powered off, do thanks to Tom for grabbing the screenshot.

    I use the high performance power plan, tweaking it to provide me with maximum performance options such as that one (and others) for my desktop. My laptop maintains balanced, as I do not use it as much.

    I have ~90 minutes left on my UPS powering the above devices, including giving Wi-Fi to my cell, do this is my only method of communications for a while.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Related Threads
794223378068406272 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
753998239993651200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 720689247095664642 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 | Windows Experience Blog
10.0.10586.29.th2_release.151130-1909 672950566503362560 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08.
Find Us