Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Jan 2017 #170

    Given up on trying to do update, the best I achieved was 100% downloaded then laptop rebooted and started to down load again.tried most of yesterday and since 9am today now 1.15pm up to 28% if i find the ISO i will try that or wait till next Thursday.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Jan 2017 #171

    these last few builds has seriously mess up my sound and headset.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 6,579
    Windows 10 Pro X64 1809 17763.55
       20 Jan 2017 #172

    Tried 3 times now to upgrade from 14986 to 15014 on my Win 10 VM under Oracle VirtualBox. Tried with and without UUP enabled.

    Each time the install completes then on the final reboot, it hangs

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10-15014hangafterinstall.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	117907

    I close the windows (power down) then on virtual power up, I'm still at 14986. It says Restart required.
    I restart and I'm still at 14986.

    I'd like to try a Clean Install of 15014 but with or without UUP I don't see an esd file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,790
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Jan 2017 #173

    phistyle said: View Post
    these last few builds has seriously mess up my sound and headset.
    Known issue, Phistyle. And has been. Try a reboot when your sound goes, and it should come back . . . for awhile at least.

    I wonder why they even release a new Build with this many known known issues,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 6,579
    Windows 10 Pro X64 1809 17763.55
       20 Jan 2017 #174

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Tried 3 times now to upgrade from 14986 to 15014 on my Win 10 VM under Oracle VirtualBox. Tried with and without UUP enabled.

    Each time the install completes then on the final reboot, it hangs

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10-15014hangafterinstall.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	117907

    I close the windows (power down) then on virtual power up, I'm still at 14986. It says Restart required.
    I restart and I'm still at 14986.

    I'd like to try a Clean Install of 15014 but with or without UUP I don't see an esd file.
    =============================================================
    Now I can't get to Google with IE or Edge. I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoGoogle.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	117912

    I can ping google.com, just can't get there via a web browser. Note that the install of 15014 failed so I'm still at 14986, but I didn't have this problem until I tried updating to 15014.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,790
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Jan 2017 #175

    Ztruker said: View Post
    =============================================================
    Now I can't get to Google with IE or Edge. I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoGoogle.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	117912

    I can ping google.com, just can't get there via a web browser. Note that the install of 15014 failed so I'm still at 14986, but I didn't have this problem until I tried updating to 15014.
    I just tried google.com with Firefox and when I got there, Google tried to convince me to change my search engine to Google. No, thanky . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Jan 2017 #176

    Install hung @ 0% and then finally climbed to 99% and then 100%. Things seem to be normal in the short hour I have been exercising it with a few exceptions. The notification panel is completely blank and transparent, task bar note says 4 items, but nothing there. Starting with last build and continues with this build, is that a C: folder, $SysReset, is present. Cleanmgr wont clean it off. Any harm in brute forcing a delete?? Edge is just non responsive, FF seems normal.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    20 Jan 2017 #177

    Groove music has got no sound anyone else experiencing that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,790
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       20 Jan 2017 #178

    Edwin said: View Post
    Groove music has got no sound anyone else experiencing that?
    Known issue is that sound doesn't work right all the time. When it goes out, workaround is to shut down and reboot for a little more sound. Been that way since at least Build 14007.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    20 Jan 2017 #179

    Wynona said: View Post
    Known issue is that sound doesn't work right all the time. When it goes out, workaround is to shut down and reboot for a little more sound. Been that way since at least Build 14007.
    Figures! I don't know why I even bother!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Related Threads
794223378068406272 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
753998239993651200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 720689247095664642 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 | Windows Experience Blog
10.0.10586.29.th2_release.151130-1909 672950566503362560 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25.
Find Us