Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,088
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       20 Jan 2017 #161

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Winver above show no expiration date - can I keep forever trying to activate.
    Both of mine are still showing the May expiration date as before this update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 10586 PRO RTM
       20 Jan 2017 #162

    Insider level greyed out


    I did a clean install of this build but now my insider level is greyed. Signed in with a Microsoft account, restarted, signed out, restarted but same thing. Can't change to*slow/fast ring. Anyone knows a fix to this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,986
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       20 Jan 2017 #163

    Berton said: View Post
    Both of mine are still showing the May expiration date as before this update.
    Me, too. Marty's may be licensed but not activated.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-20_18h59_02.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	117892
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,454
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       20 Jan 2017 #164

    Kari said: View Post
    OK geeks, how many of you are willing to admit that you are just like me (though mostly younger...) when these new builds are released: it's like being a kid again, full of enthusiasm and no patience, constantly checking WU progress bar and current download speed and whatnot, only waiting to get to install and start playing
    Replace "enthusiasm" with "trepidation".

    Enthusiasm died long ago, back before the b10xxx series was released.
    @Kari
    Did you ever find the solution to the W10 Home Local Account issue you had?
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007 for PC and Mobile

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    If the network is disconnected, OOBE just asks for a local account username&Password - no choice given - it also doesn't look around for updates, so it's quicker - it will do that as soon as the network is available once the desktop is up.
    Seems like the easiest way to thwart MS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 516
    Windows 10 Build 1616176
       20 Jan 2017 #165

    Me, too. Marty's may be licensed but not activated.

    What's the difference? Is there some link to MS legalease?

    I think what I need is a way to de-active some of the VMs that were activated but are now history. Is there a way to access (using a valid Microsoft account) that list?. I'd really appreciate that if someone has the way - or perhaps there is even a tutorial on this forum that discusses it.

    I've gotten Linux to install on my primary machine - I will run VMware and Virtualbox VMs but spare the postings of redundant screenshots. However the Group Policy error screen is still not explained.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    20 Jan 2017 #166

    Don't try to use Safe Mode in 15014. It's worse than just broke. Gets you in a loop of flashing screen from which there is no easy way to recover. Just took me 25 minutes to find my way back to normal boot!!! Will post in Feedback Hub.

    C.B.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Jan 2017 #167

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Me, too. Marty's may be licensed but not activated.

    What's the difference? Is there some link to MS legalease?

    I think what I need is a way to de-active some of the VMs that were activated but are now history. Is there a way to access (using a valid Microsoft account) that list?. I'd really appreciate that if someone has the way - or perhaps there is even a tutorial on this forum that discusses it.

    I've gotten Linux to install on my primary machine - I will run VMware and Virtualbox VMs but spare the postings of redundant screenshots. However the Group Policy error screen is still not explained.
    Check for your devices in your MS account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 20,986
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       20 Jan 2017 #168

    Winuser said: View Post
    Check for your devices in your MS account.
    Think it's in Store or something. Never easy to find. Limit, I think, is 10.

    Oh, and Marty, I wasn't trying to imply you had anything unlicensed or inactivated. That's why I said may. Just was throwing out a possibility. The lack of an expiration date is unusual, that's all. No attack intended.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 19,918
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16179
    Thread Starter
       20 Jan 2017 #169

    Request from Dona:

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    20 Jan 2017 #170

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Think it's in Store or something. Never easy to find. Limit, I think, is 10.

    Oh, and Marty, I wasn't trying to imply you had anything unlicensed or inactivated. That's why I said may. Just was throwing out a possibility. The lack of an expiration date is unusual, that's all. No attack intended.
    I remove my devices in my MS account. 10 devices is the limit. You can only install a app on 10 devices that are on your account. I have reached this limit many times. I hope MS raises the limit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Related Threads
794223378068406272 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
753998239993651200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 720689247095664642 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14322 | Windows Experience Blog
10.0.10586.29.th2_release.151130-1909 672950566503362560 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.
Find Us