Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       02 Jul 2015 #541

    I can boot from DVD but the drive does not even show up in device manager, so I can't use it for anything.
    The drive worked fine in Win 8.1

    I just updated my BIOS about 2 hours ago, it made no difference.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,671
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #542

    MrQueely said: View Post
    I can boot from DVD but the drive does not even show up in device manager, so I can't use it for anything.
    The drive worked fine in Win 8.1

    I just updated my BIOS about 2 hours ago, it made no difference.
    Try updating to Build 10159; that made a difference for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       02 Jul 2015 #543

    I am using Build10159
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,671
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #544

    MrQueely said: View Post
    I am using Build10159
    Oh! Last I saw I thought you were using 10130.

    I see that you have a self-built computer. How old is it? And, what is the brand name and age of the DVD drive?

    Can you supply us with a pic of your Device Manager, please?

    Edit: BTW, it might be best if you start a new thread over in "Drivers and Hardware" since whatever you post here can be lost in the shuffle. Besides, I think you'll get more help over there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,954
    All kinds
       02 Jul 2015 #545

    MrQueely said: View Post
    I can boot from DVD but the drive does not even show up in device manager, so I can't use it for anything.
    The drive worked fine in Win 8.1

    I just updated my BIOS about 2 hours ago, it made no difference.
    Few ideas, I don't know if you tried.
    Scan for hardware changes. or:
    Show hidden devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10!
       02 Jul 2015 #546

    Wynona said: View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I'm betting Microsoft has that covered too. Once you've downloaded the correct upgrade to your computer, most likely you won't be able to upgrade that to a higher version unless you have the proper key.

    And I do believe we'll be getting keys; why else would a clean install of 10158 and/or 10159 require a key . . . just a thought.
    MS is converting Insider versions to retail versions. That's why the Insider Hub isn't included in 158/159. We're basically testing that for them, to make sure it won't crash when joe shmoe buys Win10 retail and plugs in his key during the install.


    People who do upgrades won't get a new key - it'll probably tie to the hardware for OEM, and retail upgrades will just plug in their upgraded 7/8 key during install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       02 Jul 2015 #547

    Wynona said: View Post
    BTW, it might be best if you start a new thread over in "Drivers and Hardware" since whatever you post here can be lost in the shuffle. Besides, I think you'll get more help over there.
    Yes I'll start a new thread over in drivers and hardware and I'll try to supply all the required info on one post.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,442
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #548

    bromanbro said: View Post
    MS is converting Insider versions to retail versions. That's why the Insider Hub isn't included in 158/159. We're basically testing that for them, to make sure it won't crash when joe shmoe buys Win10 retail and plugs in his key during the install.

    People who do upgrades won't get a new key - it'll probably tie to the hardware for OEM, and retail upgrades will just plug in their upgraded 7/8 key during install.
    You can of course still use Insider Hub in 158/159.

    In Settings, click on Apps and Features, Manage Optional Features, then click on Add a Feature where it is listed.

    This feature obviously will not be available to the general public on release, only to Insiders but it will have to be activated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       02 Jul 2015 #549

    CountMike said: View Post
    Few ideas, I don't know if you tried.
    Scan for hardware changes. or:
    Show hidden devices.
    Yep, I tried those. Thanks anyway CountMike!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       02 Jul 2015 #550

    didn't see it posted, but there is a new build now 10162.

    gabriel says that it is the best build in every aspect that has been released to date. he said it is faster, more stable and more secure than any other one. that is great news. i said earlier in this thread that i believed we would get several more builds before the 29th, and it is already happening. cheers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166
Source - Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows UPDATE: 631136148014764032
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149
Source
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums