Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15007 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 431
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 15063
       18 Jan 2017 #331

    martyfelker said: View Post
    The 15xxx series so farare the most unstable builds I've encountered. Hard freezes are the norm. Everybody is having drastically different challenges. Since buildfeed shows they are already up to 15014 and the week is not even half over we are in for a very bumpy ride indeed.
    WOW, what a jump in build numbers.
    CountMike said: View Post
    Can't find anything Mozilla or FF related but have unexpectedly high number of DCOM related errors. But.. now no problems with inserting pictures.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I have had a lot of DCOM errors since I started receiving IP-builds. At first I tried to fix them all, as it made my computer a lot more stable, but now I just ignore them all. Too much hard work and in my opinion is more MS responsibility to make sure all parameters are set correctly before releasing Windows than the users.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Jan 2017 #332

    Maybe not best place to ask (and complain) but My Lumia 640 started acting up with 15007 and I had to reset it. Couldn't receive SMS messages and bs like that. After the reset and synchronizing I started downloading APPs I had before, first few installed OK but rest and new ones just wouldn't download and install. Error after some time of it sitting on "Working" = "Something happened on our end". Did Store die or what ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,708
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       18 Jan 2017 #333

    martyfelker said: View Post
    The 15xxx series so farare the most unstable builds I've encountered. Hard freezes are the norm. Everybody is having drastically different challenges. Since buildfeed shows they are already up to 15014 and the week is not even half over we are in for a very bumpy ride indeed.
    Everybody ???...Drastic Challenges ???....Do not include me in your summing up.....more or less trouble free on 15xxx series.
    As for predicting future events "very bumpy ride"....Clairvoyance being your speciality ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Jan 2017 #334

    Some system information programs don't work for me. Speedfan, no display for instance, no data on it. Astra, same thing can't even close them normally but have to go thru task manager. There's bunch of other programs that do not work any more. Tried troubleshooting but no dice. Some programs that worked before even get stuck wit Windows Installer.
    While main body of Windows is not compromised at all and is very stable (not a single GSOD) and as fast as before, small things can also make using it somewhat aggravating.
    Just few minutes ago I got a message to answer about "Icon placing after resolution change". Had to give them clear 0 on that one because they don't stay even after restart and I have to use DesktopOK program. In my mind that means the are aver of that and they did some changes. Hopefully they'll return free will with next update.
    One new thing I like. Message that new update is available pops up from right side of screen and Update asks to download and install. Neat feature if you ask me, no more missed updates. (it's set to manual here).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Jan 2017 #335

    15007 now seems to work better in VirtualBox 5.1.14. WDDM display driver is not crashing now and the installation seems stable provided Paravirtualization is set to Legacy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,708
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       18 Jan 2017 #336

    CountMike said: View Post
    Some system information programs don't work for me. Speedfan, no display for instance, no data on it. Astra, same thing can't even close them normally but have to go thru task manager. There's bunch of other programs that do not work any more. Tried troubleshooting but no dice. Some programs that worked before even get stuck wit Windows Installer.
    While main body of Windows is not compromised at all and is very stable (not a single GSOD) and as fast as before, small things can also make using it somewhat aggravating.
    Just few minutes ago I got a message to answer about "Icon placing after resolution change". Had to give them clear 0 on that one because they don't stay even after restart and I have to use DesktopOK program. In my mind that means the are aver of that and they did some changes. Hopefully they'll return free will with next update.
    One new thing I like. Message that new update is available pops up from right side of screen and Update asks to download and install. Neat feature if you ask me, no more missed updates. (it's set to manual here).
    Nothing that is too drastic or challenging for an Insider to overcome then?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Jan 2017 #337

    dencal said: View Post
    Nothing that is too drastic or challenging for an Insider to overcome then?
    No, not really, it's just as usable as before. Since it's insider version I expected even more problems. AMD and Realtek release new drivers regularly but SW developers may be lagging behind. It's their obligation to follow OS their programs are meant for. App developers seem to be doing better job, didn't find single APP that refused to run.
    Speaking of APPs, did anybody notice how large base of available APPs have grown ? Their quality is improving too. I was disappointed at the beginning (W8) and W10 but now it's getting up there with best of them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 19,705
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       18 Jan 2017 #338

    CountMike said: View Post
    Some system information programs don't work for me. Speedfan, no display for instance, no data on it. Astra, same thing can't even close them normally but have to go thru task manager. There's bunch of other programs that do not work any more. Tried troubleshooting but no dice. Some programs that worked before even get stuck wit Windows Installer.
    While main body of Windows is not compromised at all and is very stable (not a single GSOD) and as fast as before, small things can also make using it somewhat aggravating.
    Just few minutes ago I got a message to answer about "Icon placing after resolution change". Had to give them clear 0 on that one because they don't stay even after restart and I have to use DesktopOK program. In my mind that means the are aver of that and they did some changes. Hopefully they'll return free will with next update.
    One new thing I like. Message that new update is available pops up from right side of screen and Update asks to download and install. Neat feature if you ask me, no more missed updates. (it's set to manual here).
    Mike, I'm half asleep...how did you set it to manual to get those pop-ups? Thanks, TC
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    18 Jan 2017 #339

    To tell you frankly, no idea, I thought it's just a new feature. I had windows set to manual "Check for updates" ever since beginning and this is an update from clean install of 15002. It wasn't happening in 15002, that's how much I know. It's also synced with my MS account.
    Ps. That flag stays and doesn't disappear like other messages until clicked on and it brings you to Update in settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 19,705
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       18 Jan 2017 #340

    CountMike said: View Post
    To tell you frankly, no idea, I thought it's just a new feature. I had windows set to manual "Check for updates" ever since beginning and this is an update from clean install of 15002. It wasn't happening in 15002, that's how much I know. It's also synced with my MS account.
    Ps. That flag stays and doesn't disappear like other messages until clicked on and it brings you to Update in settings.
    Maybe this? Near bottom of first page?

    Make Windows 10 notify you before downloading Updates
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Related Threads
753998239993651200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10549 | Windows Experience Blog 654350760126230528
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10512 | Blogging Windows
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums