Windows 10: Leaked Windows 10 Screenshot Reveals $1 Upgrade from Home to Pro - Not

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,953
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Jun 2015 #21

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    I think you're forgetting that MS need a version to force updates to.
    I don't have a problem with that. I have never, ever, had a problem with an update. I keep my 3rd party software to a minimum, I don't buy and install exotic or generic no-name hardware, and I keep driver updates turned off(will be possible after RTM) because I firmly believe, one should only update drivers, if one has a problem and the specific fix is in the update. For example, the Windows 10 upgrade, or for heavy graphics users(gamers & 3D CAD users), and sound for DJ's and music industry. But for chipset and normal hardware & peripherals, "don't install-won't break"!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,970
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       28 Jun 2015 #22

    Below is a clip from PC Pro magazine claiming very cheap pricing for W10 installation O/S systems.
    Have checked Amazon website and as of yet nothing so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRICE.JPG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jun 2015 #23

    dencal said: View Post
    Below is a clip from PC Pro magazine claiming very cheap pricing for W10 installation O/S systems.
    Have checked Amazon website and as of yet nothing so far.
    Whoever wrote that is on crack. This is what Amazon is reporting when Win 10 becomes available:
    ❖ Windows 10 will be available in two versions: Home (price: should be 109.99) and Professional version (should be 149.99). And Windows 10 Mobile for smart phones.
    More ridiculous rumors.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,970
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       28 Jun 2015 #24

    stealth2920 said: View Post
    Whoever wrote that is on crack. This is what Amazon is reporting when Win 10 becomes available:
    ❖ Windows 10 will be available in two versions: Home (price: should be 109.99) and Professional version (should be 149.99). And Windows 10 Mobile for smart phones.
    More ridiculous rumors.
    Just to prove that is not me on crack, PCPro is a very reputable magazine who may have advance info regarding special deals.
    Windows 10 UK price revealed, but don’t believe everything you hear | Alphr
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Jun 2015 #25

    dencal said: View Post
    Just to prove that is not me on crack, PCPro is a very reputable magazine who may have advance info regarding special deals.
    Windows 10 UK price revealed, but don’t believe everything you hear | Alphr
    Not in this case. Magazine might be reputable but the writer of that article didn't get his/her info. correct. Amazon shows the above information as I posted. Maybe he has Amazon confused with something else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    28 Jun 2015 #26

    dencal said: View Post
    Just to prove that is not me on crack, PCPro is a very reputable magazine who may have advance info regarding special deals.
    Windows 10 UK price revealed, but don’t believe everything you hear | Alphr
    1. He refereed to the person who wrote the article as being on crack.. NOT YOU!!
    2. All of these articles are speculation and driven to get readers to the websites. Many times they're not based in facts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Jun 2015 #27

    stealth2920 said: View Post
    Not in this case. Magazine might be reputable but the writer of that article didn't get his/her info. correct. Amazon shows the above information as I posted. Maybe he has Amazon confused with something else.
    In addition NewEgg has the price for the OEM at 119.00 for the home and 149.99 for Pro.
    windows 10 - Newegg.com
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    28 Jun 2015 #28

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    1. He refereed to the person who wrote the article as being on crack.. NOT YOU!!
    2. All of these articles are speculation and driven to get readers to the websites. Many times they're not based in facts.
    That's correct. Even that article reports that neowin reported prices are different. All speculation and really doesn't matter at this time anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Jun 2015 #29

    stealth2920 said: View Post
    That's correct. Even that article reports that neowin reported prices are different. All speculation and really doesn't matter at this time anyway.
    How can it still be "speculation" when the price is set on NewEgg?? Check the web site if you don't believe me.. or don't you believe what NewEgg says??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Jun 2015 #30

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    How can it still be "speculation" when the price is set on NewEgg?? Check the web site if you don't believe me.. or don't you believe what NewEgg says??
    We are talking about the article and the Amazon website. Your the only one that has brought up Newegg? Pay attention.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed in Windows Updates and Activation
This morning I see that Windows Update is trying to update Windows 10 Home on my desktop not once but twice by itself through Windows Update. I am not sure why is the update failed? I will check again later to see if the update will work next time...
Solved Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home? in Installation and Upgrade
Edit: I was able to upgrade to W10 Pro RTM and activate. The responses below that say this is not possible are wrong. Mentioned here also Build 10240: Did you get assigned a license/product key? : Windows10 Hi, I have a laptop with OEM key in the...
10130 usb/iso upgrade home to W10 pro preview How do I fix it or will that be fixed with the next build? What would happen if I decided (not that I would, I do have morals. ) keep pro, upgrade to rtm, leave the program? Home version is...
Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro in Installation and Upgrade
Has Microsoft released the software to upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro. I haven't been able to find it
Anyone testing w10 direct upgrade method from 7 Home premium? Here is what I mean, you have everything you wanted installed on windows 7. Then you chose to upgrade instead of doing a clean install. If so, your complaints and praises please.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.
Find Us