Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 for PC Insider

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jan 2017 #221

    badrobot said: View Post
    Last night I restored back to 14986 twice to see if my first flawless upgrade to 15002 was just pure luck. I upgraded 3x without any problems.
    The problem for some users are maybe related to installed programs that's causing an issue with the upgrade. Before I upgraded to 15002, I restored back to a clean image with only Macrium, MiniTool Partition Wizard and Chrome installed which are my basic "Insider" programs.

    Edit: Another possible problem could be related to drivers.
    Yes, drivers, actually one driver which I didn't investigate which one, GSOD 3 times before I gave up and did clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Jan 2017 #222

    rogerwilco91 said: View Post
    Sorry I didn't update this earlier, but updating my graphics driver strangely fixed the issue. Thanks for the tip! Weird!
    Glad to hear the driver update fixed your problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,450
    Win 10 Pro x64
       11 Jan 2017 #223

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yes, drivers, actually one driver which I didn't investigate which one, GSOD 3 times before I gave up and did clean install.
    Now keep an image of that clean installed 15002 before installing more drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Jan 2017 #224

    badrobot said: View Post
    Last night I restored back to 14986 twice to see if my first flawless upgrade to 15002 was just pure luck. I upgraded 3x without any problems.
    The problem for some users are maybe related to installed programs that's causing an issue with the upgrade. Before I upgraded to 15002, I restored back to a clean image with only Macrium, MiniTool Partition Wizard and Chrome installed which are my basic "Insider" programs.

    Edit: Another possible problem could be related to drivers.
    I'm wondering if my running the latest Malwarebytes 3 had anything to do with my dual boot not working. Once I got the Insider running my licensed version of Malwarebytes reverted back to the free version. For now Malwarebytes is uninstalled. I might try it again once I'm confident that everything is working OK.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Jan 2017 #225

    badrobot said: View Post
    Now keep an image of that clean installed 15002 before installing more drivers.
    Yes, I made several during program installations and generally playing with it. Just now I found that VMware-player-12.5.2-4638234 doesn't want to install !!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,022
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       11 Jan 2017 #226

    Am I missing something here.....Clean installs surely are defeating the objective....ie- .....updating....and to report any failings during this process.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    11 Jan 2017 #227

    dencal said: View Post
    Am I missing something here.....Clean installs surely are defeating the objective....ie- .....updating....and to report any failings during this process.
    Well, only UUP over older build, once you either update or do clean install you end up with same thing (in theory anyway).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,517
    Windows 10 Pro
       11 Jan 2017 #228

    dencal said: View Post
    Am I missing something here.....Clean installs surely are defeating the objective....ie- .....updating....and to report any failings during this process.
    "Defeating the objective"?

    Do you mean that the only feedback Microsoft is interested in is how the upgrade process goes? That feedback from those clean installing for instance 15002 and reports of Windows behaviour and bugs in clean install scenarios are uninteressant to Microsoft Windows 10 team, defeating the objective?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Jan 2017 #229

    Kari said: View Post
    "Defeating the objective"?

    Do you mean that the only feedback Microsoft is interested in is how the upgrade process goes? That feedback from those clean installing for instance 15002 and reports of Windows behaviour and bugs in clean install scenarios are uninteressant to Microsoft Windows 10 team?
    Yes, I gave them an earful for clean install succeeding only at third try. Never had such problem before. I have a feeling this one was a but rushed, expecting next one pretty soon.
    BTW, this installation process looked just like W7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,022
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       11 Jan 2017 #230

    CountMike said: View Post
    Well, only UUP over older build, once you either update or do clean install you end up with same thing (in theory anyway).
    "IF" that were the case wouldn't it be simpler both for M$ and us insiders if they released an ISO with each new flight, instead of going through the present laborious updating method with all its attendant problems, going by so many members postings.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Update December 14th 2016: Windows 10 Build 14986 released to Slow ring. 809097329152172032 810566942213939200 If having issues installing Build 14986: Build 14986 - Error Code 80240031 - Microsoft Community
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
692407455293132800 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
677187866225692672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 | Windows Experience Blog See also: Release version 11082 : Microsoft Edge Dev
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:15.
Find Us