Happy holidays and thank you for tuning it! We’re happy to announce that Final Fantasy XV
will release two Holiday Packs today! Why two? Well, that’s what I’m here to explain before everyone gets boggled and confused.
Holiday Pack (Free Version) is available to all players (yay!) right now! For free! This pack includes a selection of useful accessories as well as a “passport” to a special event in January 2017. Awesomeness!
The Holiday Pack+ includes exclusive content and can only be downloaded by players who have purchased the Final Fantasy XV Season Pass
. However, the items differ between both packs, so even if you have the Season Pass, you’ll still need to download the Holiday Pack (Free Version)! Double awesomeness!
Here’s what comes in each Holiday Pack:
Holiday Pack (Free Version)
- Nixperience Band: a device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up
- Warrior’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense during combat outside of training
- Choco-Mog T-shirt: the Choco-Mog t-shirt will be available in the January update
- Carnival Passport: an adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival, for a limited time. This is functionally identical to what comes in Holiday Pack+
- Ring of Resistance: a protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party resistant to magical friendly fire
- Tech Turbocharger: a device that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar. (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Armiger Accelerator: a device that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar. (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Blitzer’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time during combat outside of training
- Tactician’s Fanfare: a scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse during combat outside of training
- Key of Prosperity: a lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value
- Stamina Badge: a device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina (Exclusive to Noctis)
- Festive Ensemble: available in the January update
- Photo Frames (Holiday Pack+ Exclusive): festive themes the player can add to Prompto’s photos when sharing to social media. Available in the January update
- Carnival Passport: an adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a dreamlike carnival full of prizes and surprises, for a limited time. Identical to what is available in Holiday Pack (Free Version)
So, what is this special “passport” you may wonder? The Carnival Passport will grant you entry to the beautiful Moogle Chocobo Carnival happening in January 2017. We’ve added a sneak peek below.
Come on! Seriously, look at this! I mean, it’s only concept art, but look how amazing this is. This is all I’ve ever wanted. We don’t want to spoil anything, but there will be a load of quests to take on, items to uncover, and festive activities to partake in as well as new outfits and photo frames (see some examples below)!
In addition to the Holiday Packs, Final Fantasy XV
players will get access to New Game+ mode today as well! That’s right, once you’ve beaten the game, you can carry all your gear, abilities, Ascension tree to play through the game again! Make sure you download this addition as soon as you can.
That just about wraps up our holiday fun. Cheers to the Holidays (Packs) for Final Fantasy XV
! Time for more binge playing, am I right? We hope you enjoy these updates and we’ll see you in 2017!