Windows 10: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] Insider

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Jun 2015 #51

    Wynona said: View Post
    Microsoft hasn't told us that, yet, Burgune. However, I would think that at some point, we'll be told to either use the Product Key from Win 7 or 8.1 or be given a key for Windows 10.

    Brainstorm! When we download the ISO, it will come with a key? Or was that a brain toot?
    Oh yes. I did not think of that . Maybe MS is giving us a new key, when we download our ISO. You might have to download that from the upgraded version of Windows 10, so MS can verify you are right in having an ISO + a new key. That sounds like a good solution to me
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       22 Jun 2015 #52

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Yes,, you can. No where does it say that you can't.
    Thanks Jeff. I think I am going to Image 10130 and take a few weeks off from Windows 10. It is a pain going back and forth from 7 to 10 as I can't get it to dual boot. Thanks for all your support. I'll be back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Jun 2015 #53

    Good thing we have a little over a month yet because after reading all your posts, my head is spinning and I don't know which end is up.

    I hope you smart people will figure it out real soon so we can make an informed choice before the 29th.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,970
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       22 Jun 2015 #54

    Do this and you have the best of both O/S,s. and its all legit

    W8.1 on "C" Drive on one SSD and load W10 preview on "E" Drive on a second SSD, then by clicking on F8 at startup or by changing the boot order in the bios you can choose which Drive you wish to use.

    You can then stay on the Insider program, you can always update W8.1 later when you wish to quit Insider.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       22 Jun 2015 #55

    Burgurne said: View Post
    Oh yes. I did not think of that . Maybe MS is giving us a new key, when we download our ISO. You might have to download that from the upgraded version of Windows 10, so MS can verify you are right in having an ISO + a new key. That sounds like a good solution to me
    Hmmm, good point, Burgurne! What could be more likely is that when we're upgraded, we get a new key. Then we activate and the key belongs to that particular machine and can't be used on another.

    Ohhhhhhh, this be making my brain hurt!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       22 Jun 2015 #56

    gzt7d8 said: View Post
    Good thing we have a little over a month yet because after reading all your posts, my head is spinning and I don't know which end is up.

    I hope you smart people will figure it out real soon so we can make an informed choice before the 29th.
    If your butt's in the chair, Greg, your head is on top.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       22 Jun 2015 #57

    dencal said: View Post
    Do this and you have the best of both O/S,s. and its all legit

    W8.1 on "C" Drive on one SSD and load W10 preview on "E" Drive on a second SSD, then by clicking on F8 at startup or by changing the boot order in the bios you can choose which Drive you wish to use.

    You can then stay on the Insider program, you can always update W8.1 later when you wish to quit Insider.
    Last time I did that, Dencal, it was called a dual boot system. Except that Windows 8.1 is on C:\ and Windows 10 is on D:\. Unless I'm booting into Windows 10. Then Windows 10 is on C:\ and Windows 8.1 is on D:\.

    Got that? StarFerret just bit me on the elbow and told me to type in all English, please!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       22 Jun 2015 #58

    Hmmm, decisions. I'm not sure whether I'll carry on with the Insider Program or just install one of my spare 7 or 8 keys and upgrade to RTM to dual boot with 7. Time to get the thinking cap on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    22 Jun 2015 #59

    The insider program is fun if you want to play with buggy OS's.. for me I just want a nice stable OS that I can use for daily computing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       22 Jun 2015 #60

    Wynona said: View Post
    Except that Windows 8.1 is on C:\ and Windows 10 is on D:\. Unless I'm booting into Windows 10. Then Windows 10 is on C:\ and Windows 8.1 is on D:\.
    I'm glad you posted that, when I boot into W10 it doesn't see my W7 driver at all. I wondered if it was something to do with 10 but it appears it's something to do with the way I installed it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Upcoming Windows 10 Insider build will be from RTM development branch "TH1"
Source: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds UPDATE HERE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/7306-upcoming-changes-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-updated-6-22-a.html How to Backup and Restore your Project Spartan...
I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I get getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. ...
Read more: Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us