Windows 10: SQL Server + Python — What’s new
SQL Server + Python — What’s new
Python is one of the most popular and fastest-growing languages used today. Pyodbc
(Python-SQL Server Connector) is an open source Python module maintained by Michael Kleehammer
that uses ODBC Drivers to connect to SQL Server. It allows you to connect from the platform of your choice to SQL Server on-premises and in the cloud. Pyodbc is also cross platform and can be installed using pip
We recently announced SQL Server v.Next CTP1 on Linux and Windows
, which brings the power of SQL Server to both Windows and — for the first time ever — Linux. You can now connect your applications to SQL Server running on Linux, Windows and macOS (with Docker).
For our Python developers, we have a few updates that will improve Python connectivity with SQL Server. Pyodbc is now:
Get started today
- Officially supported: You can contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via phone, email, Twitter, forums, etc., to report and get help with any issue.
- Available in Jupyter Notebooks for SQL Server: The Jupyter Notebook is a web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations and visualizations.Pyodbc and its dependencies ship out of the box with Juypter notebooks on Azure. To get started, go to notebooks.azure.com and create a new Python 2 notebook or follow the instructions here. Check out the code sample and paste it in your notebook’s interactive prompt to get started.
- Compatible with Python 3.5 and Django 1.10 through Django-pyodbc-azure.
Connect with us
- Try the new getting started tutorials that show you how to:
- Install SQL Server on Linux or Windows or run on Docker in multiple platforms.
- Create a simple app using C#, Java, Node.js, PHP and Python with SQL Server.
- Create a simple app using popular web frameworks like Django with SQL Server.
- Try out some cool SQL Server features that can make your apps shine.
- Get the latest v17.0 RC1 versions of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Get the mssql extension for Visual Studio Code and develop apps with SQL Server on Linux/macOS/Windows.
Other videos in this series
- Visit Connect(); to watch overview, security, high-availability and developer tools videos about SQL Server on Linux on demand.
Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog
I got this sent to me as a recommendation. It might come in handy for...
I'm developing some scripts on Win 10. But suddenly all the script failed due to it cannot invoke CMD on Win10.
Here is one example,
It is a very simple code that python to call CMD to execute "cd .".
Interactive programming in/with Python will start on May 23rd.. it's a good class. I took part of it but I had to drop out and I plan on finishing it this time and then take the second part that begins on June 11th.
Both are fun and a quick way...
Python: Convert a decimal value to a roman numeral value:
This is a version to test the code with random number 1 to 1,200 and for ten tests:
I finished my Coursera class - Programming for Everybody - Python.
Dr. Severance is a great instructor and I had a lot of fun. I'm just waiting for the final grade and my certificate. I should be receiving one with distinction. I needed to get 233...