Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       25 Jun 2015 #11

    sgage said: View Post
    "Windows 10 Build 10147 leaked earlier today and includes a whole bunch of new changes and features which are beginning to give us a good idea on how the Windows 10 RTM will look and feel."

    A whole bunch of new changes and features? With 41 days to go before release? No mas! Time to file off the burrs and make what there is just work. I have been trying hard to like Windows 10, but the one thing I ask is that whatever features are there just work, solidly, quickly, always. Screw a bunch of new changes and features! It's getting really late in the game.

    When I work in Win10, I click on something, and cross my fingers and hope something will happen. The very basic stuff is still quite shaky. I really fear that this could turn out to be another Vista moment...
    i don't know what you are doing wrong, but believe me, it isn't the builds. while i am also a little pissed about a few functions not doing what i want them to do, 98% of this stuff works flawlessly and without question. so i'm not sure what problems you are having, but this has been my main system for quite some time now, and it work very well. AND IT'S STILL JUST A PREVIEW. do ya get it? especially 10147, which has almost all of it very well together. the only things i can really complain about are the lack of background slideshow, and wifi dropping every once in a while. but for a leak, this build runs beautifully. hardly any problems at all. even cortana finally works, again, almost flawlessly. check your steps in loading it. i guarantee it's on you, not the builds.

    also, i might be in the minority here, but i see a lot of changes. nice changes. first, 10147 is the first build where cortana works!!!! fully 100% it works. second, it's much faster than 10130. to me, those aren't just small features, those are huge. next, i think edge is progressing wonderfully, especially compared to how bad ie has been for sooooooo long. not that i would use edge very much, but it is already heads and shoulders better than ie. the live tiles working well, and the animations seem to be a very nice polish. also, maps, calendar and mail apps are soooo much better now. cosmetically, 10147 is also the nicest looking build thus far, with the most customizations. not only does almost everything work, but they work well. it is a huge improvement over 10130 in my opinion. i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,310
    win 10 Insider
       25 Jun 2015 #12

    " i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week."
    ----------------------
    They enjoy watching us sweat and they enjoy reading all the boring rubbish we post here while we wait
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 80
    Windows 10 build 10122
       25 Jun 2015 #13

    linw said: View Post
    " i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week."
    ----------------------
    They enjoy watching us sweat and they enjoy reading all the boring rubbish we post here while we wait
    Yes exactly, I'm getting sadder by the day the longer I stay on this 10130 mess!!!

    Hurry up and give us a fresh surprise MS!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       26 Jun 2015 #14

    recruit2 said: View Post
    Yes exactly, I'm getting sadder by the day the longer I stay on this 10130 mess!!!

    Hurry up and give us a fresh surprise MS!
    just curious, but why, oh why would you stay on the old 10130 build, when most have reported that the leaked 10147 is excellent? i have gone ahead and updated both of mine. i got tired of waiting for them to get things settled to release the official one, and decided to update both of them. this is a very good leak, but there is a hope in the back of my head that they have even better coming in the official release. let's hope so.
    Last edited by STEVAE; 26 Jun 2015 at 14:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       26 Jun 2015 #15

    STEVAE said: View Post
    just curious, but why, oh why would you stay on the old 10130 build, when most have reported the the leaked 10147 is excellent? i have gone ahead and updated both of mine. i got tired of waiting for them to get things settled to release the official one, and decided to update both of them. this is a very good leak, but there is a hope in the back of my head that they have even better coming in the official release. let's hope so.
    Because it's the official build and more than likely it's going to be the build you'll need to have to upgrade to the next official build. Funny.. you have that build listed as one that you're using.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       26 Jun 2015 #16

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Because it's the official build and more than likely it's going to be the build you'll need to have to upgrade to the next official build. Funny.. you have that build listed as one that you're using.
    i highly doubt it. all of the other leaks have been able to update, so why would this one be different? here is a quote from my last post, just a few above this one, "i have gone ahead and updated both of mine. i got tired of waiting for them to get things settled to release the official one, and decided to update both of them. this is a very good leak." so that should answer your question about me listing 10130. of course i used it as one of my builds, but i started thinking why limit my full copy while waiting seemingly endlessly on them to release the official one? IF, for some reason the leak cannot update to the official release, i can easily roll back to 10130 and update like anyone else. but in the mean time, i can enjoy all of the benefits of 10147. seems extremely sensible to me, and pretty self explanatory. but i'm happy to answer. and for the record, i wasn't dogging him for not upgrading, on the contrary, i was just putting it out there that he doesn't have to wait if he doesn't want to, and as i said i was just curious.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       26 Jun 2015 #17

    STEVAE said: View Post
    i highly doubt it. all of the other leaks have been able to update, so why would this one be different? here is a quote from my last post, just a few above this one, "i have gone ahead and updated both of mine. i got tired of waiting for them to get things settled to release the official one, and decided to update both of them. this is a very good leak." so that should answer your question about me listing 10130. of course i used it as one of my builds, but i started thinking why limit my full copy while waiting seemingly endlessly on them to release the official one? IF, for some reason the leak cannot update to the official release, i can easily roll back to 10130 and update like anyone else. but in the mean time, i can enjoy all of the benefits of 10147. seems extremely sensible to me, and pretty self explanatory. but i'm happy to answer. and for the record, i wasn't dogging him for not upgrading, on the contrary, i was just putting it out there that he doesn't have to wait if he doesn't want to, and as i said i was just curious.
    @STEVAE
    Ah,, I did write "More than Likely".. not that it's 100% certain that you can't go from 10147 to the next drop. You do like to argue don't ya??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       26 Jun 2015 #18

    linw said: View Post
    " i just don't understand why they are taking sooooooo long to put out the official release of it. this is by far the longest they have taken to release a build that has gone to the gs ring. usually it is only a few days, but now it's been well over a week."
    ----------------------
    They enjoy watching us sweat and they enjoy reading all the boring rubbish we post here while we wait
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       29 Jun 2015 #19

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    @STEVAE
    Ah,, I did write "More than Likely".. not that it's 100% certain that you can't go from 10147 to the next drop. You do like to argue don't ya??
    not really. but i will if i feel the need. i prefer lively discussions rather than arguing. where good information is passed both ways, actually.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked
Just leaked about a half hour ago, apparently. Links are pretty scarce at the moment. It's from the fbl_impressive lab, so I'm wondering if it's going to be the next public build. ...
Windows 10 News
IP build 10130 Home to 10147 Pro w/new key - Slow/Fast Build issues
Hi I just installed the Win 10 Home 64 Bit Insider Preview Build 10130 about a week ago and had issues with it not allowing any updates other than for some of my hardware drivers and MS Defender updates (I am aware of the KBXXXXX patch to address...
Installation and Setup
Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 - improved UI, Start and tablet mode
Source: Video: Windows 10 Build 10125 showcasing improved UI, Start and tablet mode See also: Windows 10 preview build 10125 shown in video with UI additions and icon changes | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Build 9860 - Touch greatly improved
Hi there On Build 9860 on an HP Touch (sleekbook) laptop running Native (not as a VM) Touch is vastly improved. On the metro apps for example News the windowing works properly and within the window you can slide the screen. Same with Office...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums