Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Jan 2017 #841
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,823
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Interesting. Stable here, as usual.
    Yeah, one of most stable builds for me too but now FF started to lock computer up when left unattended for couple of hours. No event's reported, just stops everything except sound.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jan 2017 #842
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,274
    Windows 10 Pro

    Can anyone confirm this or is it again my personal PC ghost doing tricks to me:

    Keen as anyone else to get a new build, I checked those virtual machines of mine running 14986 and which are set to Fast Ring with UUP disabled, expecting ESD upgrade.

    All of them were switched to Slow Ring. You can be sure I have never ever intentionally changed a single PC to Slow Ring, first thing after a clean or upgrade install I do is to opt in and switch to Fast Ring. To be sure, I checked the checkpoints (I just love this Hyper-V feature!) made just after I had disabled UUP and all checkpoints show the machines were on Fast Ring.

    Short: in my case, a total of four Hyper-V virtual machines running latest Insider build in four different languages with UUP disabled and opted in to Fast Ring were somehow switched to Slow Ring during the past weeks.

    At the same time, all physical machines and virtual machines alike on which UUP is enabled have remained in Fast Ring.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Jan 2017 #843
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 30,410
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Can anyone confirm this or is it again my personal PC ghost doing tricks to me:

    Keen as anyone else to get a new build, I checked those virtual machines of mine running 14986 and which are set to Fast Ring with UUP disabled, expecting ESD upgrade.

    All of them were switched to Slow Ring. You can be sure I have never ever intentionally changed a single PC to Slow Ring, first thing after a clean or upgrade install I do is to opt in and switch to Fast Ring. To be sure, I checked the checkpoints (I just love this Hyper-V feature!) made just after I had disabled UUP and all checkpoints show the machines were on Fast Ring.

    Short: in my case, a total of four Hyper-V virtual machines running latest Insider build in four different languages with UUP disabled and opted in to Fast Ring were somehow switched to Slow Ring during the past weeks.

    At the same time, all physical machines and virtual machines alike on which UUP is enabled have remained in Fast Ring.

    Kari
    Kari, no implication to compare products, likes or dislikes or preferences intended.

    I use VMware, not Hyper-V. All my Insider VMs currently set to UUP=Off and Fast Ring=On have remained that way. I have noticed in the last week or so a subtle change. Without any "visible" MS updates (other than Defender), the PITA Dcom errors on restart have gone away. I made no changes in component services. Probably no connection whatsoever, but I'm leery of coincidences. It's not unheard of for MS to slip a few tweaks in under cover of darkness.

    Just an observation.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    05 Jan 2017 #844
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,274
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Just an observation.
    Thanks for replying.

    I just find it quite strange that looking all my Insider machines, virtual and physical, those with UUP disabled have switched to Slow Ring, without an exception and as far as I can recall without any interaction from my side, and those with UUP enabled, again with no exception have all remained in Fast Ring.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Jan 2017 #845
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,274
    Windows 10 Pro



    And for those few not able to see embedded tweets, a quote from Dona's tweet:

    Dona Sarkar ‏@donasarkar
    1 hour ago

    We need today to do more validation on build candidates therefore we won't be releasing any new ones today to #WindowsInsiders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Jan 2017 #846
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 18,516
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Can anyone confirm this or is it again my personal PC ghost doing tricks to me:

    Keen as anyone else to get a new build, I checked those virtual machines of mine running 14986 and which are set to Fast Ring with UUP disabled, expecting ESD upgrade.

    All of them were switched to Slow Ring. You can be sure I have never ever intentionally changed a single PC to Slow Ring, first thing after a clean or upgrade install I do is to opt in and switch to Fast Ring. To be sure, I checked the checkpoints (I just love this Hyper-V feature!) made just after I had disabled UUP and all checkpoints show the machines were on Fast Ring.

    Short: in my case, a total of four Hyper-V virtual machines running latest Insider build in four different languages with UUP disabled and opted in to Fast Ring were somehow switched to Slow Ring during the past weeks.

    At the same time, all physical machines and virtual machines alike on which UUP is enabled have remained in Fast Ring.

    Kari
    My dessktop was changed to slow ring when I checked to see why I wasn't getting an update. I had changed it to fast ring just after my clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Jan 2017 #847
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,823
    W10 Insider + Linux

    So what do you guys think, is it time to "kill" UUP and make full MR backup ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    05 Jan 2017 #848
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,274
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    So what do you guys think, is it time to "kill" UUP and make full MR backup ?
    I have decided to see how long ESD upgrades will be available if UUP is disabled in registry. For that purpose I have now an Insider Fast Ring machine for both UUP enabled and UUP disabled on each edition and language version I need to / want to have, either a physical machine or a virtual one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Jan 2017 #849
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,481
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    It's Cortana I bet, the real "Ghost in the machine*".
    She don't dig, when you mess with her OS

    *where mental activity carries on in parallel to physical action, but where their means of interaction are unknown or, at best, speculative.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    05 Jan 2017 #850
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,823
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I have decided to see how long ESD upgrades will be available if UUP is disabled in registry. For that purpose I have now an Insider Fast Ring machine for both UUP enabled and UUP disabled on each edition and language version I need to / want to have, either a physical machine or a virtual one.
    I have only one machine with W10, Maybe I should stick this build in a VM (VMWare player) too ? I wanted to stick to stock (it rimes) as long as possible but still to be able to get regular updates. Does killing UUP stops regular updates ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums