Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Jan 2017 #801
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,056
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Strange, Settings app works perfectly with every other action, but selecting Accounts, Settings simply closes. I have no way to use Settings to manage users.

    Everything else can luckily be done from elevated Command Prompt, but I would need to switch one local user to Microsoft account, which can only be done Settings as far as I know.

    I think it's time for a repair install.
    Just curious, Kari. Does this still work?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-01_06h39_57.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	115515
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    01 Jan 2017 #802
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,687
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Just curious, Kari. Does this still work?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-01_06h39_57.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	115515
    Are you Robert Plant?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    01 Jan 2017 #803
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,056
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Are you Robert Plant?
    Only when trying to climb the stairs......
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    01 Jan 2017 #804
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,687
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Only when trying to climb the stairs......
    Yeah, stairs seem to multiply by +1 or +2 every year
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    01 Jan 2017 #805
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Just curious, Kari. Does this still work?
    Yes, Control Panel was OK. With it you can do everything else except add a user avatar and switch to Microsoft account. In my case the question was about both of these: I had just finished setting up this machine with additional user accounts I need in order to be able to use Windows with different languages. As always I set up new user accounts as local accounts to get preferred user profile names instead of five character abbreviations you get if new user is set up as Microsoft account.

    I then switch local accounts to Microsoft account. An example: doing it this way user Betty Ilana Tchaikovski with Microsoft Account email b.i.tchaikovski@SomeEmailProvider.com gets user profile named as Betty Ilana (or anything else she prefers) instead of Bitch which would be the user profile name if user account was created as Microsoft account.

    Short: I was not able to switch my additional user accounts to Microsoft account, and was not able to set profile avatars because those options are not available in Control Panel and Settings crashed as soon as Accounts was selected:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	115521

    Repair install, once again, fixed my issue and I now have Microsoft accounts assigned to users Finnish, Swedish and German, plus profile avatars set to these and local Admin account:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	115522
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Jan 2017 #806
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,056
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Yes, Control Panel was OK. With it you can do everything else except add a user avatar and switch to Microsoft account. In my case the question was about both of these: I had just finished setting up this machine with additional user accounts I need in order to be able to use Windows with different languages. As always I set up new user accounts as local accounts to get preferred user profile names instead of five character abbreviations you get if new user is set up as Microsoft account.

    I then switch local accounts to Microsoft account. An example: doing it this way user Betty Ilana Tchaikovski with Microsoft Account email b.i.tchaikovski@SomeEmailProvider.com gets user profile named as Betty Ilana (or anything else she prefers) instead of Bitch which would be the user profile name if user account was created as Microsoft account.

    Short: I was not able to switch my additional user accounts to Microsoft account, and was not able to set profile avatars because those options are not available in Control Panel and Settings crashed as soon as Accounts was selected:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	115521

    Repair install, once again, fixed my issue and I now have Microsoft accounts assigned to users Finnish, Swedish and German, plus profile avatars set to these and local Admin account:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	115522
    That looks unhealthily organized. You need to add a Simplified Chinese to all that, just to round it out!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    01 Jan 2017 #807
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 729
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Lol @ Betty Ilana Tchaikovsky and the Microsoft 'way of making user account folders'!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    01 Jan 2017 #808
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Lol @ Betty Ilana Tchaikovsky and the Microsoft 'way of making user account folders'!
    information   Information
    Disclaimer:

    Sample name, nickname, Windows user profile name and email account name in my previous post are all fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), ex-wives or mother-in-laws is intended or should be inferred.


      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    01 Jan 2017 #809
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 729
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    information   Information
    Disclaimer:

    Sample name, nickname, Windows user profile name and email account name in my previous post are all fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), ex-wives or mother-in-laws is intended or should be inferred.


    Bwahahahahahahah!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    02 Jan 2017 #810
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,280
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046
    Thread Starter

    Update:
    #WindowsInsiders no builds today (Tues) or tomorrow (Wed).
    Last edited by Brink; 02 Jan 2017 at 17:01.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums