Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 for PC Insider

Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,218
    Windows X (various flavours)
       18 Dec 2016 #641

    johngalt said: View Post
    Those of you with resume from edge issues - is fast start enabled in power options?
    Tried with both options, since you reminded me... no joy. Good thing is, that Windows still starts with all the programs loaded, like it was in sleep mode..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       18 Dec 2016 #642

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Tried with both options, since you reminded me... no joy. Good thing is, that Windows still starts with all the programs loaded, like it was in sleep mode..
    No, it started with the programs loaded, like it was in hibernation mode. This sounds like a problem with Hybrid Sleep - after a certain time, the machine seems to think it's hibernating instead of sleeping. After a hard reboot, it restores the hibernation state, and it's all good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 13,600
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       18 Dec 2016 #643

    sgage said: View Post
    No, it started with the programs loaded, like it was in hibernation mode. This sounds like a problem with Hybrid Sleep - after a certain time, the machine seems to think it's hibernating instead of sleeping. After a hard reboot, it restores the hibernation state, and it's all good.
    BUG!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       18 Dec 2016 #644

    Wynona said: View Post
    BUG!
    Starting to look that way
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5,218
    Windows X (various flavours)
       18 Dec 2016 #645

    sgage said: View Post
    No, it started with the programs loaded, like it was in hibernation mode. This sounds like a problem with Hybrid Sleep - after a certain time, the machine seems to think it's hibernating instead of sleeping. After a hard reboot, it restores the hibernation state, and it's all good.
    Just to correct. i have to pres shut down button. Not reset button. Should do the powercfg test, but not in the mood today...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Dec 2016 #646

    Maybe mine is all good because I never have all the so-called prog/data saving stuff on.

    Plain old fashioned sleep, with no fancy stuff, is the go here at chez linw!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,218
    Windows X (various flavours)
       18 Dec 2016 #647

    Wynona said: View Post
    BUG!


    sgage said: View Post
    Starting to look that way
    Never looked any other way to me...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       18 Dec 2016 #648

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Just to correct. i have to pres shut down button. Not reset button. Should do the powercfg test, but not in the mood today...
    Yes, I meant a hard reset/cold boot with the power button...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 5,218
    Windows X (various flavours)
       18 Dec 2016 #649

    Looks like I resolved the issue. At least for now. Sleep works if I put it to sleep from start.

    Run "powercfg /energy" command from admin command and save file energy report to desktop, so browser can read it..

    Found that there were some errors with USB devices.
    Install nirsoft USBdeview to check which are those USB devices (vendor ID would tell). In my case it turned out it was USB receiver for my Logitech mouse and mouse itself.

    Go to device manager and uninstall USB input device. After restart PC goes to sleep. Windows will reinstall that device, don't worry.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	114100
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 598
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       18 Dec 2016 #650

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Looks like I resolved the issue. At least for now. Sleep works if I put it to sleep from start.

    Run "powercfg /energy" command from admin command and save file energy report to desktop, so browser can read it..

    Found that there were some errors with USB devices.
    Install nirsoft USBdeview to check which are those USB devices (vendor ID would tell). In my case it turned out it was USB receiver for my Logitech mouse and mouse itself.

    Go to device manager and uninstall USB input device. After restart PC goes to sleep. Windows will reinstall that device, don't worry.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	114100
    Interesting, Instead of allowing hybrid sleep, I disable it, and I also disable any sort USB power saving options as well. And I am not seeing this issue that you all are.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:23.
Find Us