Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 for PC Insider

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Dec 2016 #621

    CountMike said: View Post
    Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.2.2
    UltimateSettingsPanelv51
    MyGodMode-1.4 (Stopped working, shows only file manager) fixed it by making God mode conventional way.
    PleasantWindows10
    winaerotweaker_[winaero.com]_297

    Was just mucking around to see what and how they do it and maybe to see what changes what in Registry. Generally, bored and also to show to a friend which is enamored with programs like that but also "Do it all optimizers", just how much mess they are capable of producing.
    Some problems made so irreparable problems that only recent, fresh MR backup made just before experiments was able to solve. System Restore was unable to fix almost anything, I think I'm not going to waste disk space on it any more.
    Gave up on System Restore when MR came up with fast delta restore on it's paid versions. It's almost as fast as SR and much more reliable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    17 Dec 2016 #622

    kado897 said: View Post
    Gave up on System Restore when MR came up with fast delta restore on it's paid versions. It's almost as fast as SR and much more reliable.
    I was able to get out of trouble with some drivers using SR from safe mode few times in the past. Seems to work much slower than in W7. Problem with MR is that it's a double work, first to make a backup and than to restore, not exactly for every day use and for every little thing which SR should be able to fix. Coupled with having to make a rescue disk/USB after every few updates it may be time consuming.
    Wish MS would do something about it and return "Last known configuration" in safe boot menu.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    17 Dec 2016 #623

    CountMike said: View Post
    I was able to get out of trouble with some drivers using SR from safe mode few times in the past. Seems to work much slower than in W7. Problem with MR is that it's a double work, first to make a backup and than to restore, not exactly for every day use and for every little thing which SR should be able to fix. Coupled with having to make a rescue disk/USB after every few updates it may be time consuming.
    Wish MS would do something about it and return "Last known configuration" in safe boot menu.
    It's no great problem. I do weekly full images and daily differentials on a schedule so I never lose more than a day. Data is separate on another partition and backed up separately by FreeFileSync.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Dec 2016 #624

    kado897 said: View Post
    It's no great problem. I do weekly full images and daily differentials on a schedule so I never lose more than a day. Data is separate on another partition and backed up separately by FreeFileSync.
    I'm doing very similar thing plus offline backups.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    17 Dec 2016 #625

    I like to keep system restore going as it does often work to fix small and silly faults in my experience. Maybe only use it once a year but when it works, it is the quickest way back. Don't care about the disk space, even on my SSD.

    Of course, I still have my scheduled MR images to fall back on with family pics also up in the cloud and on the disk kept in the safe!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 820
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 16257/Windows Server 2016/Debian Buster
       17 Dec 2016 #626

    I just used System Restore to save my physical installation of build 14986. Ironically the restore point was created by O&O Shutup! While it worked they system claimed it did not!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 16,202
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       17 Dec 2016 #627

    Is anyone having problems waking up their computer after an extended time (more than an hour) way?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 12,124
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Dec 2016 #628

    Wynona said: View Post
    Is anyone having problems waking up their computer after an extended time (more than an hour) way?
    Yes. An extended sleep, my laptops are not able to wake up. Background light comes on on display, occasionally I can see pointer, nothing else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 6,888
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       17 Dec 2016 #629

    Wynona said: View Post
    Is anyone having problems waking up their computer after an extended time (more than an hour) way?
    This bugged me four (or three?) builds ago. Have to perform clean install. No such problems in latest builds (for me)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,202
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       17 Dec 2016 #630

    Kari said: View Post
    Yes. An extended sleep, my laptops are not able to wake up. Background light comes on on display, occasionally I can see pointer, nothing else.
    Yes, and I can even hear the fan running, but nothing will happen until I do a hard shutdown and reboot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.
Find Us