Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Dec 2016 #571
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,953
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Yes but fortunately 14986 has just been released as an iso so I can probablh sort things now.
    Link????

    EDIT: Reason for asking is that MS Official site still shows this: (as of 2 minutes ago 17:44)

    Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-12-14_17h42_50.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	113583
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    14 Dec 2016 #572
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Thanks to you anyway, my favourite Southern Belle .
    Awwwwww, <blush>
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Dec 2016 #573
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,548
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    I am such a rube.

    Remember when I couldn't account for the used space on my second SSD?

    Yeah, this will make you laugh. So, default storage for Hyper-V .VHDs is on the Public folders. Which I moved on the host machine to that second SSD.

    The first several times I played with VMs on WinX I would change the default location to a drive with a lot more capacity. That time I did not, because I erroneously misread the location as being on the SYSTEM drive, aka my whopping big 960 GB SSD, not my much smaller 256 GB SSD. 🤣

    So, yeah, I did a complete reinstall for absolutely nothing....
    @johngalt
    Quick way to fix it up, export the VM, then import it back, being careful what you chose here:


    Last edited by Cliff S; 14 Dec 2016 at 18:35.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    14 Dec 2016 #574
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,752
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Link????

    EDIT: Reason for asking is that MS Official site still shows this: (as of 2 minutes ago 17:44)

    Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-12-14_17h42_50.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	113583

    I'll second that TC. Just had a look around and found the same as you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Dec 2016 #575
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 728
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    My Edge has google as default search engine.

    Just ran it to check and it totally crashed my system with 'critical_process_died'.

    Restarted comp and Edge runs again.

    Reinforces my use of Chrome!
    Mine doesn't crash - I jsut get this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14986 Edge won't load Google.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	113585

    If I go to Bing and search for Google, adn try to load it, it does the same thing. Also with any subdomain with Google as the base domain (gmail, voice, G+, etc.)

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Yes but fortunately 14986 has just been released as an iso so I can probablh sort things now.
    I'm looking at the IP site and so far I am not seeing 14986 for download yet. Hopefully it is there soon, though.
    Last edited by johngalt; 15 Dec 2016 at 12:35.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    14 Dec 2016 #576
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 728
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    @johngalt
    Quick way to fix it up, export the VM, then import it back, being careful what you chose here:
    Yup - I was just foolish before. I quickly made those 4 Vms for testing and didn't pay attention to where they were being stored. I know how to fix it, but I have to know that the problem exists for me to fix it.

    Plus, I just stupidly assumed something was wrong when MB3 Premium went into a tailspin with it saying that it was version 3.0 versus version 3.04 (known issue, easily reproduced in Safe Mode). That coupled with the 'missing' storage space threw me for a loop - I even searched a couple of the Public folders, but did not get far enough down the tree to see the VHDs....

    It was simply a case of oversight on my part.

    I just wanted to report back that even I have PEBKAC moments....
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    14 Dec 2016 #577
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,548
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Yup - I was just foolish before. I quickly made those 4 Vms for testing and didn't pay attention to where they were being stored. I know how to fix it, but I have to know that the problem exists for me to fix it.

    Plus, I just stupidly assumed something was wrong when MB3 Premium went into a tailspin with it saying that it was version 3.0 versus version 3.04 (known issue, easily reproduced in Safe Mode). That coupled with the 'missing' storage space threw me for a loop - I even searched a couple of the Public folders, but did not get far enough down the tree to see the VHDs....

    It was simply a case of oversight on my part.

    I just wanted to report back that even I have PEBKAC moments....
    But there's nothing like that warm & fuzzy "AH HA!" moment, when you find the cause of the problem
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    14 Dec 2016 #578
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,116
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Build 14986 was just released to the Slow Ring so it should appear as an ISO on this "official" Microsoft site in a day or two. I guess I can calm my beating heart until then
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    14 Dec 2016 #579
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,340
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Still not getting 14986 on my Toshiba laptop or Dell Venue tablet. Both are at 14965. Both set for Fast ring.
    I did get it on my Oracle VM but it took a week or more. Hope the ISO shows up soon.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    14 Dec 2016 #580
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,949
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    Still not getting 14986 on my Toshiba laptop or Dell Venue tablet. Both are at 14965. Both set for Fast ring.
    I did get it on my Oracle VM but it took a week or more. Hope the ISO shows up soon.
    In case you are running the PRO edition, I posted this a few days ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    OK geeks, as many of you missed the ESD and possibility to make your own install media, I asked site owner and admin @z3r010's permission to make links available for ESD files of build 14986 to fellow members.

    As I do not do Home editions nor do I 32 bit versions, I can only offer Build 14986 x64 PRO ESD files in both UK and US English. Both can be found here in my OneDrive as zipped archive: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

    • British English file name: ESD (14986 PRO x64 EN-GB).zip
    • American English file name: ESD (14986 PRO x64 EN-US).zip

    Extract the archive, copy the ESD file in ESDtoISO folder, run ESDtoISO.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102
690233336740974592 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums