Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Dec 2016 #401

    It's very rare that I access the time setting. Is this something new? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	time.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	112431

    When I first checked it was set to Show in Simplified Chinese.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 325
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       04 Dec 2016 #402

    Winuser said: View Post
    It's very rare that I access the time setting. Is this something new? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	time.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	112431

    When I first checked it was set to Show in Simplified Chinese.
    Yeah, I am pretty positive that is new, at least since AU. Since I was upgrading prior to that, my time settings were already set, including the Time Update feature, so I don't know when it actually got added.

    I'm hoping they add additional options - like US Holidays (which are probably actually locale controlled), other religions (Hindu, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.), and the ability to add in your own calendar sets from this interface.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Dec 2016 #403

    johngalt said: View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty positive that is new, at least since AU. Since I was upgrading prior to that, my time settings were already set, including the Time Update feature, so I don't know when it actually got added.

    I'm hoping they add additional options - like US Holidays (which are probably actually locale controlled), other religions (Hindu, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.), and the ability to add in your own calendar sets from this interface.
    Basically I just use the clock. For my calendar I use One Calendar that I got from the Windows Store.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 590
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       04 Dec 2016 #404

    Winuser said: View Post
    Basically I just use the clock. For my calendar I use One Calendar that I got from the Windows Store.
    I have had no problems with clock/time and it reads same as my Apple IpadPro. My calendar shows US holidays, just like before, and I use the Windows App for my Calendar. My printers have been set up properly each time. One is HP wireless, one is networked HP laser, and one is USB printer. Have set up each time throughout updates. Current version of windows is download on one computer and fresh install on other computer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Dec 2016 #405

    magilla said: View Post
    I have had no problems with clock/time and it reads same as my Apple IpadPro. My calendar shows US holidays, just like before, and I use the Windows App for my Calendar. My printers have been set up properly each time. One is HP wireless, one is networked HP laser, and one is USB printer. Have set up each time throughout updates. Current version of windows is download on one computer and fresh install on other computer.
    I started using One Calendar because I was having problems with the default calendar app on my Lumia 640XL. I couldn't enter any of my reminders if the were several months or more ahead. The only printer problem I can remember was in the very beginning of the Insider Program. I couldn't get my HP printer to work until a driver update was released.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 325
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       04 Dec 2016 #406

    magilla said: View Post
    I have had no problems with clock/time and it reads same as my Apple IpadPro. My calendar shows US holidays, just like before, and I use the Windows App for my Calendar. My printers have been set up properly each time. One is HP wireless, one is networked HP laser, and one is USB printer. Have set up each time throughout updates. Current version of windows is download on one computer and fresh install on other computer.
    The issue is not with clock or the time itself.

    The issue is with trying to set the time updater settings.

    EDIT: Added the following:

    It was @martyfelker who mentioned it - see
    martyfelker said: View Post
    Date time sync error still persists in this build for both Windows Time and NIST. Please let us know in BIG BOLD letter when this is fixed. Rummaging around for a a third party solution
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 298
    Windows 10 Build 15007
       04 Dec 2016 #407

    Thank you. I do believe I was the first to point this time sync bug. It is serious. Many corporations for one thing will be dubious about an OS that can't sync to NIST without the aid of a third party app. I am using SPTimeSync which is free and works perfectly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 325
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       04 Dec 2016 #408

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Thank you. I do believe I was the first to point this time sync bug. It is serious. Many corporations for one thing will be dubious about an OS that can't sync to NIST without the aid of a third party app. I am using SPTimeSync which is free and works perfectly.
    You were. I read through the entire thread before I brought up the other WU-related issues I experienced when I clean installed 14971 in order to make sure no one else has brought it up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 3,628
    Windows X (various flavours)
       05 Dec 2016 #409

    johngalt said: View Post
    You were. I read through the entire thread before I brought up the other WU-related issues I experienced when I clean installed 14971 in order to make sure no one else has brought it up.
    You should also read 14965 thread and the one before. This is not a new bug. It's been here for two or three builds...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 325
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       05 Dec 2016 #410

    AndreTen said: View Post
    You should also read 14965 thread and the one before. This is not a new bug. It's been here for two or three builds...
    Windows not updating device drivers and not installing .NET 3.x by connecting to WU is an old bug?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
Windows Insider
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums