Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC Insider

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,648
    Windows X (various flavours)
       02 Dec 2016 #381

    fireberd said: View Post
    I'm still on 14959 and have always been set for "fast" updates. When I check for updates, none are found.
    Build 14965 is on MS site for slow ring Insiders. Download that one, make in-place upgrade (mount ISO and start upgrade) and then switch to fast ring. A lot of user have done that (with different build), if upgrades don't show.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 21,778
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       02 Dec 2016 #382

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Build 14965 is on MS site for slow ring Insiders. Download that one, make in-place upgrade (mount ISO and start upgrade) and then switch to fast ring. A lot of user have done that (with different build), if upgrades don't show.
    Good idea Andre. Not much difference in 965 to 971, just the bugs in 965 got buggier in 971!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,648
    Windows X (various flavours)
       02 Dec 2016 #383

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Good idea Andre. Not much difference in 965 to 971, just the bugs in 965 got buggier in 971!
    You suggested something like that a week ago
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Dec 2016 #384

    Hi,

    Good idea Andre. Not much difference in 965 to 971, just the bugs in 965 got buggier in 971!
    You certainly got that right.
    Most of the time I've been able to duck the bugs some people seem to suffer.
    Not this time though.
    965 was pretty good as I recall it.

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5,648
    Windows X (various flavours)
       02 Dec 2016 #385

    Anybody tested Windows defender Application guard? Didn't find anything in Edge to start it. Is it triggered automatically?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	112243
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 21,778
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       02 Dec 2016 #386

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Anybody tested Windows defender Application guard? Didn't find anything in Edge to start it. Is it triggered automatically?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	112243
    Introducing Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog



    However, when an employee browses to a site that is not recognized or trusted by the network administrator, Application Guard steps in to isolate the potential threat. As shown in the mode outlined in red above, Application Guard creates a new instance of Windows at the hardware layer, with an entirely separate copy of the kernel and the minimum Windows Platform Services required to run Microsoft Edge.



    EDIT: Sounds a bit like Anti-Exploit, but don't want to go there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,648
    Windows X (various flavours)
       02 Dec 2016 #387

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Introducing Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog



    However, when an employee browses to a site that is not recognized or trusted by the network administrator, Application Guard steps in to isolate the potential threat. As shown in the mode outlined in red above, Application Guard creates a new instance of Windows at the hardware layer, with an entirely separate copy of the kernel and the minimum Windows Platform Services required to run Microsoft Edge.



    EDIT: Sounds a bit like Anti-Exploit, but don't want to go there.
    Sandbox.. But won't play with it yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,204
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Dec 2016 #388

    RE: My previous post.

    Just to end this "Build 14971 does not have ESD file" untrue stories, to get screenshot I installed build 14965 on a new Hyper-V virtual machine, opted in for a fast ring, restarted and luckily got 14971 straight away (file time stamp shows it's created half an hour ago).

    As told so many times, the ESD file is there where it has always been. I just need to copy it to a another location before I start the upgrade process by clicking Restart now button because it's gone after the upgrade:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	112246

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Dec 2016 #389

    I'll give it a couple of days and see what happens. No big deal if I don't get the updates right away. I used to get them fast. I just built a new PC (Z170 M/B and i7 6700K) and moved the drive with Win 10 Preview over to the new PC and its activated with Digital Entitlement.

    Jack
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 562
    Windows 10 Build 1616193
       02 Dec 2016 #390

    Did the same as you. No install.esd. However I wouldn't want one for 14871 anyway. As others have said - very buggy. I hope all the time before a new build will yield something better next week. Enjoying Windows Server 2016 until then
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.
Find Us