Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC Insider

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Nov 2016 #171

    sgage said: View Post
    Sorry, but I was actually referring to a post by Kari above - I in no way 'dragged' Linux into the discussion. I was responding to the broader point of Wynona's post, as anyone can see. A point about freedom of choices, a context in which a mention of Linux is totally apposite.

    My point was simply that MS is not obligated to do anything. You do not have a choice once MS decides what they want to do. En masse, feedback might get them to yield on this point or that, but they have their own corporate plan.
    Kari said: View Post
    Linux is quite relevant in this discussion as it offers a viable alternative to those users unhappy with what Windows today is or what it is becoming.

    Further, factual and matter-of-fact feedback to Microsoft and somewhat aggressive posts about "I do not need / like this feature, therefore it should not be present!" are two very different things.
    It is realy that old argument... If you don't like it here, go elsewhere...

    Fact, that we all use Windows 10, are Insiders and to our best cpabilities contribute to its development, shuold be enough, to not offend any user with proposition like this. We all know and use Linux at some level.

    It is MS's strategy and method to encourage users to give feedback. They said it multiple times and they listen to Insiders.

    Simple as that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       19 Nov 2016 #172

    Just for the record, I do not use Linux in any form, and am happy enough with Windows 10 that I'm not going to change. If I made anyone think I'm unhappy with Windows 10, "sorry 'bout dat"! Which doesn't preclude my having my say about choices.

    'Nuff said.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 624
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       19 Nov 2016 #173

    AndreTen said: View Post
    It is realy that old argument... If you don't like it here, go elsewhere...

    Fact, that we all use Windows 10, are Insiders and to our best cpabilities contribute to its development, shuold be enough, to not offend any user with proposition like this. We all know and use Linux at some level.

    It is MS's strategy and method to encourage users to give feedback. They said it multiple times and they listen to Insiders.

    Simple as that.
    And now you are inviting me to go elsewhere? I have been an Insider since day one back in October 2014, tested every build, giving my feedback, etc. I use this platform daily and want to help it improve. I just stated some facts, so come off it. I use Linux, too. Many Windows users do - get over it.

    I have offended users? Do we need trigger warnings now? Do you have some right to not be offended? You are offending me :-)

    C'mon Andre, you really seem to be missing the point. There is no 'argument' whatsoever. Just making an observation. I do not need the though police telling me what is appropriate. Simple as that. (nice try at a thought-stopper - my favorite is 'period').
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 12,176
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Nov 2016 #174

    AndreTen said: View Post
    It is realy that old argument... If you don't like it here, go elsewhere...
    Do you mean that for instance now when Microsoft decided to replace Paint with Paint 3D, we should not tell about alternatives? Not mention where and how to get old Paint, or Paint.Net or Gimp?

    That posting about alternatives for those unhappy with an app, service or OS is somehow wrong? Or do you want to limit that, telling about alternatives to just apps?


    AndreTen said: View Post
    It is MS's strategy and method to encourage users to give feedback. They said it multiple times and they listen to Insiders.

    Simple as that.
    Exactly. That has been and will be my point, all the time: use the Feedback app to tell Microsoft about what you do not like and why. In conversation here tell about it sober and business-like, remembering that "I do not like this therefore it must be removed!" is not a good argument to request something to be removed that other users might like.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Nov 2016 #175

    sgage said: View Post
    And now you are inviting me to go elsewhere? I have been an Insider since day one back in October 2014, tested every build, giving my feedback, etc. I use this platform daily and want to help it improve. I just stated some facts, so come off it. I use Linux, too. Many Windows users do - get over it.

    I have offended users? Do we need trigger warnings now? Do you have some right to not be offended? You are offending me :-)

    C'mon Andre, you really seem to be missing the point. There is no 'argument' whatsoever. Just making an observation. I do not need the though police telling me what is appropriate. Simple as that. (nice try at a thought-stopper - my favorite is 'period').
    Sory for misunderstanding. Wanted to point out, that you were making such offer to others... I would never deny others to make their point.

    Sory again, if my poor English caused misunderstanding..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 624
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       19 Nov 2016 #176

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Sory for misunderstanding. Wanted to point out, that you were making such offer to others... I would never deny others to make their point.

    Sory again, if my poor English caused misunderstanding..
    Probably my poor English, too, and I've been speaking it for over 60 years :-) No worries
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       19 Nov 2016 #177

    Kari said: View Post
    Do you mean that for instance now when Microsoft decided to replace Paint with Paint 3D, we should not tell about alternatives? Not mention where and how to get old Paint, or Paint.Net or Gimp?

    That posting about alternatives for those unhappy with an app, service or OS is somehow wrong? Or do you want to limit that, telling about alternatives to just apps?




    Exactly. That has been and will be my point, all the time: use the Feedback app to tell Microsoft about what you do not like and why. In conversation here tell about it sober and business-like, remembering that "I do not like this therefore it must be removed!" is not a good argument to request something to be removed that other users might like.

    Kari
    Kari, I was the first to point that solution for changing Paint to old one.

    And "things must be this way" isn't part of my vocabulary.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       19 Nov 2016 #178

    sgage said: View Post
    And now you are inviting me to go elsewhere?
    No, no, no . . . Andre's saying that's the argument we are hearing . . . he's not in any way advocating that anyone leave!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 624
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       19 Nov 2016 #179

    Wynona said: View Post
    No, no, no . . . Andre's saying that's the argument we are hearing . . . he's not in any way advocating that anyone leave!
    As I said to Andre above... as a native English speaker for over 60 years, I am still quite capable of missing the point Whoosh! Right over my head...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       19 Nov 2016 #180

    sgage said: View Post
    As I said to Andre above... as a native English speaker for over 60 years, I am still quite capable of missing the point Whoosh! Right over my head...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/39650-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14257-a.html ;)
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:36.
Find Us