Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,513
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       11 Nov 2016 #121

    Winuser said: View Post
    That's the problem I had with a older build of MBAE before trying a beta. I couldn't even get Edge to start without crashing. The beta versions of MBAE seems to get along a lot better with Edge.
    I believe, like Piriform, Malwarebytes are now working with Microsoft hand in hand now, to make sure any changes to the system files & code won't interfere with the software now or cause problems in Windows.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    11 Nov 2016 #122

    At last, Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family ... WDDM 1.0 driver works now on my old Celeron M CPU 430. No need to go to basic driver.

    Never had a problem with MBAM pro on any upgrade. I suppose it's because I use Defender.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 754
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16184
       11 Nov 2016 #123

    jyusa said: View Post
    Installed 14965 since yesterday everything is fine except Photos keeps popping up automatically itself 5 time in the last hour or so. Anyone has this strange behavior?
    It looks like this is happening only on ME. Any ideas how to avoid?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,423
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       11 Nov 2016 #124

    jyusa said: View Post
    It looks like this is happening only on ME. Any ideas how to avoid?
    That was happening to me as well, along with a host of other issues. I didn't find a way to avoid it before I rolled back to the last build. Sorry man.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 754
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16184
       11 Nov 2016 #125

    Thanks blackroseMD1. Reported to feedback!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1607, 14393.950, Windows Insider Preview 15063.14
       12 Nov 2016 #126

    magilla said: View Post
    as usual, I get nothing --been about 7 hours since released and NOTHING on either desktop or laptop. Probably not until tomorrow! Don't understand the delay.
    It's Friday at 9:05 pm (11/11/2016). 14965 has not shown up yet on Windows Update. I manually reset WU yesterday hoping that would solve the upgrade problem, it did not. Why this is happening is perplexing? This didn't happen before RS2. I have been receiving the new builds 6 or 7 days after release. At this rate I will get 14965 just before the next build is released! This problem is frustrating to say the least. I have no idea what's wrong (settings are correct to receive new builds) or how to fix it. Maybe I should just leave WU alone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,513
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       12 Nov 2016 #127

    sassafras said: View Post
    It's Friday at 9:05 pm (11/11/2016). 14965 has not shown up yet on Windows Update. I manually reset WU yesterday hoping that would solve the upgrade problem, it did not. Why this is happening is perplexing? This didn't happen before RS2. I have been receiving the new builds 6 or 7 days after release. At this rate I will get 14965 just before the next build is released! This problem is frustrating to say the least. I have no idea what's wrong (settings are correct to receive new builds) or how to fix it. Maybe I should just leave WU alone.
    Only Information:
    Kari and I get the upgrades here in Germany pretty much as soo as Dona hits the release button.
    We both have our machines(virtual and bare metal) set to ALL the Windows 10 defaults, we use no "Privacy" tools, and we do not turn off and of the privacy switches in Settings.
    Make sure Location is turned on for everything, check your time and time zone settings, and you could try running this in an admin command prompt(copy & paste) to cleanup Windows update and WinSxS folder:
    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause
    Reboot and try updating.

    You could also try a Chkdsk /r to check your file system integrity, corrupt system MFT entries and system for "soft bad sectors" that can happen if you have ever had a BSOD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1607, 14393.950, Windows Insider Preview 15063.14
       12 Nov 2016 #128

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Only Information:
    Kari and I get the upgrades here in Germany pretty much as soo as Dona hits the release button.
    We both have our machines(virtual and bare metal) set to ALL the Windows 10 defaults, we use no "Privacy" tools, and we do not turn off and of the privacy switches in Settings.
    Make sure Location is turned on for everything, check your time and time zone settings, and you could try running this in an admin command prompt(copy & paste) to cleanup Windows update and WinSxS folder:
    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause
    Reboot and try updating.

    You could also try a Chkdsk /r to check your file system integrity, corrupt system MFT entries and system for "soft bad sectors" that can happen if you have ever had a BSOD.
    Thanks Cliff for the advice, I appreciate it. I will try your solutions and pray that they work! I will post the results after trying the fixes that you suggested.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,513
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       12 Nov 2016 #129

    I just ran Chkdsk in my Insider VM(which is over a year old) and it checked my virtual disk and found these errors, which probably comes from the constant upgrades every few weeks, as I do not do clean installs, and just upgrade like Microsoft plans for the "normal" user, and companies to reduce downtime:

    Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.
    Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    329728 file records processed. File verification completed.
    5484 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    387742 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 6762 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 6762 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 6762 unused security descriptors.

    CHKDSK is compacting the security descriptor stream
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    29008 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    37709848 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
    Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ...
    329712 files processed. File data verification completed.
    Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ...
    26018252 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
    Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.
    Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.

    Windows has made corrections to the file system.
    No further action is required.

    124785663 KB total disk space.
    20217400 KB in 98477 files.
    77180 KB in 29011 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    418071 KB in use by the system.
    42192 KB occupied by the log file.
    104073012 KB available on disk.
    4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    31196415 total allocation units on disk.
    26018253 allocation units available on disk.
    Internal Info:
    00 08 05 00 fb f1 01 00 94 e5 03 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    7b 02 00 00 34 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 {...4...........
    Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    12 Nov 2016 #130

    Nice one Cliff...

    I must say chkdsk has always impressed me - must be, singularly, the best utility MS has ever produced...and to think it goes back so many years (pre-dates sfc and dism... I think.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Related Threads
790991162647547904 790962075874922496 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC:
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
745376304942350337 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05.
Find Us