Windows 10: June 9th 2015 Windows Updates


  1. Posts : 20,751
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       09 Jun 2015 #1

    June 9th 2015 Windows Updates


    Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 8 security bulletins.

    We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin Summary webpage. If you are not familiar with how we calculate the XI, a full description can be found here.

    We released one new Security Advisory:

    One Security Advisory has been revised:

    For the latest information, you can follow the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) team on Twitter at @MSFTSecResponse.

    MSRC Team

    Source: June 2015 Updates - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

    See also: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2015
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Jun 2015 #2

    News about Microsofts June 9th Updates. One bad update


    Microsoft just sent out several new updates on June 9, 2015. Most of us have heard about KB3058515. What some don't know is that if you did a clean install recently you already have KB3058515 in your IE 11. The update was meant for most people who have had there OS installed for some time. It was meant to update the older release of IE. If you try to install the update KB3058515 on a new install it will probably download to 11% and give you an error in windows update.

    If you have this problem just keep the update hidden until Microsoft fixes it. I would guess about 2 weeks or so.
    I just though some might want to know why their clean Windows install is getting update errors and failed updates.
    You can check your version or build by clicking on the ( ? ) in your Internet Explorer. You will probably see KB3058515 listed. So you have it. : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IE 11 .jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Jun 2015 #3

    Really1 said: View Post
    Microsoft just sent out several new updates on June 9, 2015. Most of us have heard about KB3058515. What some don't know is that if you did a clean install recently you already have KB3058515 in your IE 11. The update was meant for most people who have had there OS installed for some time. It was meant to update the older release of IE. If you try to install the update KB3058515 on a new install it will probably download to 11% and give you an error in windows update.

    If you have this problem just keep the update hidden until Microsoft fixes it. I would guess about 2 weeks or so.
    I just though some might want to know why their clean Windows install is getting update errors and failed updates.
    You can check your version or build by clicking on the ( ? ) in your Internet Explorer. You will probably see KB3058515 listed. So you have it. : )
    Is this for Windows 7 and 8? I don't have it and I was never given the option to download it. I'm using Windows 10 build 10130.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Jun 2015 #4

    Winuser said: View Post
    Is this for Windows 7 and 8? I don't have it and I was never given the option to download it. I'm using Windows 10 build 10130.
    The update is for Windows up to 8.1 but not for Windows 10.
    Here is a link to Microsoft showing who it applies to. https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-056
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Jun 2015 #5

    Really1 said: View Post
    The update is for Windows up to 8.1 but not for Windows 10.
    Here is a link to Microsoft showing who it applies to. https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-056
    Thanks! When I didn't see the update I wasn't sure if it included Win 10 or not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Very interesting quote from this MS site. Also many questions answered and takes a while. This Q&A was updated on June 15, 2015. ...
609111817256710145 Restart required. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 21358
608031763080736769 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 21101
Source: February 2015 Updates - MSRC - Site Home - TechNet Blogs 12367 UPDATE: New KB3021952, KB3038930, and KB3040021 Windows Updates for Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:34.
Find Us