Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC Insider
I've been away for a while and I was just peeking and checking out some stuffs here from time to time. Since I came back early this month, I haven't been able to get any of the latest Insider releases. I am still on 14393. I think I need to do a clean install and start somewhere again. Which version (available for download) should I install that I can get updated to this latest Insider update? Thanks!
What I do is clean install the AU, join the Insider Fast ring, and wait for like (max) 48 hours. Then it gets me the latest Insider build. And always in a dedicated SSD, the only drive plugged into my system during installation.
with this update, my PC doesn't shutdown, it always reboots
You mean it keeps rebooting even after shutdown attempts?
Run this line in command prompt (as Administrator)
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
and see if that helps.
yes that's it
Did you run that line I told you about ?
I have one low end Asus laptop with similar issues since 10XXX builds. I have completely given up and accepted its behaviour as nothing I will do will help. This is how it goes with Fast Boot in UEFI settings enabled and disabled:
Fast Boot disabled:
- Shut down works if done within a few minutes of boot (varies, sometimes I can shut down normally for up to 30 minutes after boot, sometimes shut down stops working already after 5 minutes)
- If shut down is done later, it will reboot
- Restart works normally
- Because of the above, when I want to shut down when laptop has been on a longer time, I need to restart it first, wait until it boots back to login screen and then select shut down which now works normally
Fast Boot enabled:
- Shut down works partially leaving the power indicator on meaning shutdown is not complete, holding down the power button takes care of that
- Selecting Restart will shutdown the laptop
- For instance when a build upgrade needs a restart, laptop shuts down instead of a restart and I need to continue upgrade by manually turning it on again
I do not think it will help in this case. I've tried every possible way to work around the above mentioned issues. No method to manually shut down works.
still no update here
what is the ring backup
Have you tried right clicking start and use "Shutdown or Sign out"?
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14372 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283 | Windows Experience Blog
How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.122 is now available for Windows Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings.
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.122 | Windows Experience Blog