Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1.    23 Oct 2016 #31
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,471
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by flybynite View Post
    It says it is a potentially unwanted program. That means you might not want it, but if you downloaded it, I would assume you do. That changes it to a wanted program, or from a PUP to an WP!
    If you got it at Major Geeks(which I highly recommend) it is a false positive.
    So you know ahead, the installer is in Chinese, you just need to click the large oval in the middle at the beginning, and at the end. There are NO tag-a-longs or piggy backs.

    I have it on 2 physical and 2 virtual machines, and have already scanned the hell out of it, every time I download. unzip, and after installation.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    23 Oct 2016 #32
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 673
    W10 FCU & W10 Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    If you got it at Major Geeks(which I highly recommend) it is a false positive.
    So you know ahead, the installer is in Chinese, you just need to click the large oval in the middle at the beginning, and at the end. There are NO tag-a-longs or piggy backs.

    I have it on 2 physical and 2 virtual machines, and have already scanned the hell out of it, every time I download. unzip, and after installation.
    I did the d/l from techspot.com and after your comments above, did the d/l from Major Geeks. Both show the pup. Malwarebytes, as it should, when you try to clear the pup entry, it erases the whole file. Sent it off to Malwarebytes and will see if they answer Tx
    Last edited by meebers; 23 Oct 2016 at 15:03.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    23 Oct 2016 #33
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,471
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by meebers View Post
    I did the d/l from techspot.com and after your comments above, did the d/l from Major Geeks. Both show the pup. Malwarebytes, as it should, if you try to clear the pup entry, it erases the whole file. Sent it off to Malwarebytes and will see if they answer Tx
    You could also upload it to VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner if you don't trust it. I have the advantage of using a virtual machine first(every time) just to be sure.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    23 Oct 2016 #34
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 673
    W10 FCU & W10 Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    You could also upload it to VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner if you don't trust it. I have the advantage of using a virtual machine first(every time) just to be sure.
    Interesting 4 of 56 programs detected it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Oct 2016 #35
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 187
    Many

    Windows 10 already has virtual desktops. ctrl + win + d. ctrl + win + < or >to toggle between
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Oct 2016 #36
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,471
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Neemobeer View Post
    Windows 10 already has virtual desktops. ctrl + win + d. ctrl + win + < or >to toggle between
    ???
    What does a tabbed file explorer have to do with virtual desktops???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 006.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	107305
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    24 Oct 2016 #37
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 143
    Windows 10 1607

    Still no option to make a 'new tab' in Edge open in a web page of the user's choosing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Developers’ Guide to Windows 10 Version 1511 Update
Source: Developer's Guide to Windows 10 Version 1511 Update - new videos now available on Channel 9 | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Comprehensive User's Guide for Windows 10
I am looking for a comprehensive users manual for Windows 10. I have Windows 10 for Dummies, and there is much information that is not there. Is there a book out there that covers almost everything, but that us beginners can understand ???
General Support
[Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10
Hey guys, I was wanting to do the same (remove the very annoying OneDrive) and while searching around the net I came across this. Note the very first post with the Batch file to remove the OneDrive from your Windows 10 install. I do not take credit...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums