Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    22 Oct 2016 #11
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    From Paul Thurrott's Field Guide:



    ... except Edge and Cortana.
    Surprised the Store doesn't get re-installed automatically!

    Attachment 107074
    I'm thinking they are referring to Apps uninstalled via normal measures, the ones that actually give you an uninstall option. Not Apps you'll removed via powershell scripts etc. Store for me has the uninstall option greyed out. Edge isn't listed at all in Settings > Apps & features. Cortana isn't listed either but that may be because I'm running the Education version, it doesn't have Cortana.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Oct 2016 #12
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Probably because Cortana IS search, and Edge IS Explorer now, which are (beginning to be)part of File Explore now.
    Not completely. Cortana and search-ms are still two separate CLSID's

    Probably because they are System Apps and not 'Boxed' Apps.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    22 Oct 2016 #13
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Not completely. Cortana and search-ms are still two separate CLSID's

    Probably because they are System Apps and not 'Boxed' Apps.
    Yeah, the Education version has Search, but no Cortana.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Oct 2016 #14
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Yeah, the Education version has Search, but no Cortana.
    To uninstall Cortana, Edge and Connect, you have to use the 'Tools' found at Winaero but, you'll need to have a 3rd party Start Menu to be able to search!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Oct 2016 #15
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    To uninstall Cortana, Edge and Connect, you have to use the 'Tools' found at Winaero but, you'll need to have a 3rd party Start Menu to be able to search!
    I don't use Edge, but see no need to go out of my way uninstall it. Same deal with Connect. For me, I don't want to break what isn't already broken. My systems are currently running just fine with no issues or glitches.
    I have nothing against those wanting to remove stuff like that, it's just not something I'm in any hurry to do.

    There are some Apps with no uninstall option I wish Microsoft would let you uninstall, but I just live with it, and unpin them when possible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Oct 2016 #16
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    .....There are some Apps with no uninstall option I wish Microsoft would let you uninstall, but I just live with it, and unpin them when possible.
    Exactly! I still see the 14951 Start Menu as an utter failure!
    Every Start Menu since the dawn of time, Windows or other, has given the option to pin/unpin or customize; why not now!?
    If there is an entry in the menu that I don't need or don't want to see, I'm darn well gonna find a way to get rid of it!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    22 Oct 2016 #17
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Exactly! I still see the 14951 Start Menu as an utter failure!
    Every Start Menu since the dawn of time, Windows or other, has given the option to pin/unpin or customize; why not now!?
    If there is an entry in the menu that I don't need or don't want to see, I'm darn well gonna find a way to get rid of it!
    Stuff like Messaging, Groove, People, etc, IMHO should have an uninstall options. Or at the very least, let you hide them so they don't clutter up the All Apps menu. I use search instead of trolling through the start Menu to find stuff so it doesn't bother all that much. Still, it does kind of irk me that Microsoft decided I can't live without them. Even though I will never ever use them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    22 Oct 2016 #18
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Stuff like Messaging, Groove, People, etc, IMHO should have an uninstall options. Or at the very least, let you hide them so they don't clutter up the All Apps menu. I use search instead of trolling through the start Menu to find stuff so it doesn't bother all that much. Still, it does kind of irk me that Microsoft decided I can't live without them. Even though I will never ever use them.
    This is what I would like to have before me with one click of the Start button, PERIOD!; is that so impossible to implement that option!?
    Yeah, alphabet letters and Tiles, if you want, but at least throw some options in there!
    Customizing shortcuts and the aforementioned hacks is what I must do to accomplish a simple Menu!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000021.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	107093
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    22 Oct 2016 #19
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,335
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I already have that
    And bookmarks!
    Attachment 106946

    Attachment 106947

    Attachment 106948


    I really like that Clover. I might give it a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    22 Oct 2016 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 2,410
    Win10 Pro Build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Stuff like Messaging, Groove, People, etc, IMHO should have an uninstall options. Or at the very least, let you hide them so they don't clutter up the All Apps menu. I use search instead of trolling through the start Menu to find stuff so it doesn't bother all that much. Still, it does kind of irk me that Microsoft decided I can't live without them. Even though I will never ever use them.
    - I rather like them, especially Groove Music..
    - and they all seem to work really well in Windows10
    - and the way they mesh with Microsoft Office is rather neat..

    - ok, I'll get me coat..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Developers’ Guide to Windows 10 Version 1511 Update
Source: Developer's Guide to Windows 10 Version 1511 Update - new videos now available on Channel 9 | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Comprehensive User's Guide for Windows 10
I am looking for a comprehensive users manual for Windows 10. I have Windows 10 for Dummies, and there is much information that is not there. Is there a book out there that covers almost everything, but that us beginners can understand ???
General Support
[Guide] How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10
Hey guys, I was wanting to do the same (remove the very annoying OneDrive) and while searching around the net I came across this. Note the very first post with the Batch file to remove the OneDrive from your Windows 10 install. I do not take credit...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums