Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Oct 2016 #31
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,471
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    We've updated our migration logic to now include custom scan code mappings. That means that going forward from this build, if you've used Registry Editor to remap certain keys (for example, Caps Lock key to null), that change will persist across upgrades.
    @Brink this is good to know, as I am now using your KILL THE CAPS LOCK reg tweak
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    20 Oct 2016 #32
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,817
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Downloaded but it wouldn't install. when I tried directly it reversed to 14946, same happened with ISO on USB. Re-downloading now again.
    Lumia 640 sits at 0% of download for few hours now, it wouldn't budge. I even made a point of verifying MS account.
    First time I'm running into such stubborn problem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    20 Oct 2016 #33
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    I finally got this build overnight while I was sleeping. Nice to wake up to a new build day!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Oct 2016 #34
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,817
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I finally got this build overnight while I was sleeping. Nice to wake up to a new build day!
    If I forget to check just after 7 PM, I usually miss it as I keep it on manual.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Oct 2016 #35
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    If I forget to check just after 7 PM, I usually miss it as I keep it on manual.
    I was checking last night and I went to sleep about 11PM and up till then nothing was showing up. When I got up I went to check for the update and still nothing but when I looked at the size of the partition it was a lot smaller and then I saw the Windows.old. New build Day!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Oct 2016 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,817
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I was checking last night and I went to sleep about 11PM and up till then nothing was showing up. When I got up I went to check for the update and still nothing but when I looked at the size of the partition it was a lot smaller and then I saw the Windows.old. New build Day!!!
    So, that means it did it all by itself ? I'm going for a second try, just made ISO and a bootable USB. Will see what happens this time, might have been a bad download.
    BTW, whats with USB pendrives ? if I have any kind of bootable OS on it, it's pronounced as locked and write protected and would not format at all, with any tools. Have to remake partition on them. It's not really write protected because I can copy any file to it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    20 Oct 2016 #37
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    So, that means it did it all by itself ? I'm going for a second try, just made ISO and a bootable USB. Will see what happens this time, might have been a bad download.
    BTW, whats with USB pendrives ? if I have any kind of bootable OS on it, it's pronounced as locked and write protected and would not format at all, with any tools. Have to remake partition on them. It's not really write protected because I can copy any file to it.
    It sure did and to be honest I was shocked. When I got up I thought I would have to do all of that by checking for updates as I usually do. But it was just there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Oct 2016 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,817
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Success at last, downloaded again and this time it went thru without a hitch. Now for usual cleanup and ISO making.
    Maybe I shouldn't do anything on internet while it's downloading ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    20 Oct 2016 #39
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Success at last, downloaded again and this time it went thru without a hitch. Now for usual cleanup and ISO making.
    Maybe I shouldn't do anything on internet while it's downloading ?
    I don't do anything when I download and get the new build ready for instillation. What I do is just let it do it's thing and when it's ready to restart I copy the ESD over to my separate drive and perform the update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Oct 2016 #40
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,269
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
    No watermarks either. About time MS
    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I still have the watermark.
    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    I have watermarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbcopter View Post
    Watermark, same here.
    Watermark font colour is white, obviously it is shown but can't be seen if desktop background image's bottom right colour is white.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 20th 2016 755885634082910208 755160752915218432 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379 for PC and Mobile
748637797980872706 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371
745376304942350337 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283
707990670137368576 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums