Windows 10: The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #131

    Some people collect Hummel figures you collect Windows versions. Although the figures can increase in value, the OS's can still be used for something, if only for research & testing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    06 Jun 2015 #132

    My humble collection consists of W98; W98 2nd ed; XP Home upgrade; XP Pro Retail; Vista Ult retail; Win7 Ult retail; W8 Pro OEM, W8.1 Pro OEM.

    I'm a sentimentalist, and still have W98 2nd Ed on an old machine, and can sit there for hours watching it defrag as the blue squares go from white to blue! Entranced!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #133

    Mustang said: View Post
    and can sit there for hours watching it defrag as the blue squares go from white to blue! Entranced!
    Zen Geek meditation
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    06 Jun 2015 #134

    Mustang said: View Post
    My humble collection consists of W98; W98 2nd ed; XP Home upgrade; XP Pro Retail; Vista Ult retail; Win7 Ult retail; W8 Pro OEM, W8.1 Pro OEM.

    I'm a sentimentalist, and still have W98 2nd Ed on an old machine, and can sit there for hours watching it defrag as the blue squares go from white to blue! Entranced!
    Defrag, fascinating process, reminds me of all those blinking lights on computers form older Scifi movies, people looking at them, nod heads and pretend they mean something and can be read like an open book. Blink, blink, blink, aha, martians and killer tomatoes are coming !!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Jun 2015 #135

    Not to forget the spinning tape reels, Mike!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #136

    I used to like watching MyDefrag in action, and how it physically moved files around.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1290__mydefrag1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	20832
    A screenshot I just found to show what I mean.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    06 Jun 2015 #137

    Cliff, Cliff, you need more mental stimulation You're a worry!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,995
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #138

    Have you ever used it? It was like watching worms digging their way through turf.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    06 Jun 2015 #139

    CliffS said:
    Zen Geek meditation
    Count Mike said:
    Defrag, fascinating process, reminds me of all those blinking lights on computers form older Scifi movies, people looking at them, nod heads and pretend they mean something and can be read like an open book. Blink, blink, blink, aha, martians and killer tomatoes are coming !!!
    Good work guys. Got a genuine laugh out of me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Jun 2015 #140

    linw said: View Post
    Not to forget the spinning tape reels, Mike!!
    Spinning, right forgot about that. Here's one defrager that goes round:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultdef.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	316.7 KB 
ID:	20833
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit...
Read more: Microsoft lowers app installs from 81 to 10 with Windows 10
Source...
I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:21.
Find Us