Windows 10: The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Jun 2015 #121

    So can you upgrade, roll back, then upgrade again as many times as you want, at least for the one year period?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       05 Jun 2015 #122

    No, you can clean install W10 as many times as you need to once you've taken the upgrade offer and upgraded to W10. Nobody has any idea about a rollback process yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,285
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Jun 2015 #123

    Maltesespace said: View Post
    So can you upgrade, roll back, then upgrade again as many times as you want, at least for the one year period?
    Dunno, Maltese. Why would you want to do that? We should be getting a couple or three more builds and by that time, we should know if we will keep Windows 10 or not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Jun 2015 #124

    I can't see them not allowing roll back. They did it with 8 and 8.1, so why not 10?

    What I want to know is whether a product key will be given with the upgrade file?

    Or will MS recognize your machine and simply reload automatically after you've formatted HD for clean install?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Jun 2015 #125

    Well, release date is coming up fast, I expect MS to come clean about options, pricing, licenses and way to install W10 soon. We'll have up to a year to decide if and which offer to take them up on.
    Without MS spelling it exactly and officially, nothing is certain. Anybody not certain about a switch to W10 can still try it various ways right now for free. I'm almost sure I'll do it in first year, it's just the question of how. Win 10 will be here for years to come so what's the rush ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #126

    CountMike said: View Post
    Well, release date is coming up fast, I expect MS to come clean about options, pricing, licenses and way to install W10 soon. We'll have up to a year to decide if and which offer to take them up on.
    Without MS spelling it exactly and officially, nothing is certain. Anybody not certain about a switch to W10 can still try it various ways right now for free. I'm almost sure I'll do it in first year, it's just the question of how. Win 10 will be here for years to come so what's the rush ?
    I'll go with the upgrade on both my PC's right away. I can always do a clean install later if I need to. I'm pretty good about keeping my system clean(the (for me) safe manual way, not using tools) and I can clean up after the upgrade too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    06 Jun 2015 #127

    CountMike said: View Post
    Well, release date is coming up fast, I expect MS to come clean about options, pricing, licenses and way to install W10 soon. We'll have up to a year to decide if and which offer to take them up on.
    Without MS spelling it exactly and officially, nothing is certain. Anybody not certain about a switch to W10 can still try it various ways right now for free. I'm almost sure I'll do it in first year, it's just the question of how. Win 10 will be here for years to come so what's the rush ?
    That fairly well sums it up for me too.

    I've got Win7 Ultimate retail version which cost over $400. And W8 and 8.1 OEM disks on separate machines, with 8 upgraded to 8.1. It's a case of which PC I want to put 10 on.

    W8.1 doesn't work well on my flag ship machine as Intel don't support the mobo for W8 or 8.1. I'm yet to try W10 on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Jun 2015 #128

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I'll go with the upgrade on both my PC's right away. I can always do a clean install later if I need to. I'm pretty good about keeping my system clean(the (for me) safe manual way, not using tools) and I can clean up after the upgrade too.
    I'm sure you can but judging by all the questions floating around some may push upgrade without understanding consequences.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       06 Jun 2015 #129

    That's true Mike, plus I already have countless upgrades and CI's(clean installs) behind me and I know what should be uninstalled/deleted before hand, or not installed after.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    06 Jun 2015 #130

    I'm somewhat of a pack rat so I have all major versions of Windows since 3.1, even on diskettes and CD's but backed up as ISO although I my have lost some licenses due to upgrades.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit...
Read more: Microsoft lowers app installs from 81 to 10 with Windows 10
Source...
I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:35.
Find Us